Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX headunit steering wheel control help please!!!

nickoVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim ecotec
hey everyone!

i just bought a pioneer DEH-X2750UI single din headunit, APPIOA pioneer to control harness adapter and a CHVTXA steering wheel control harness.
i cut off the two end connector harnesses then wired the headunit input harness to it but there was two wires (blue and orange) left,
ive just taped the connections up for a dummy run before i solder and everything is ok except for the steering wheel control!!
So ive taken some photos which shood be attached and if anyone could give me any input that would be greatly appreciated!

cheers, James

Attachments

• GetAttachment (1).jpg
    GetAttachment (1).jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 181
  • GetAttachment.jpg
    GetAttachment.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 175

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Can't help directly but I put a Pioneer Double Din in my VX and didn't need to cut or solder anything. Just bought the right modules and plugged them all in.

Can you ask the seller ?

nickoVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim ecotec
Yea i might have to back there tomorrow, I'm not sure what's going on, might be missing a module, but I think I shood be able to get away with maybe wiring part of this setup the the cars harness and bypass it. But that will be a lot of buggering around on my part as I have no idea what wires do what job. Thanks anyway mate much appreciated.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Can't help directly but I put a Pioneer Double Din in my VX and didn't need to cut or solder anything. Just bought the right modules and plugged them all in.

Can you ask the seller ?

Mine was the same in my VX . Just plug and play

nickoVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim ecotec
Ok cheers, so I'm thinking I'll be needing a pioneer harness to iso adaptor?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
if youve wired it colour for colour, you shouldnt need the pioneer to iso harness.

you may need to swap out the appioa for an appisoa.

i cant remember, but does that unit have a steering wheel input setting in the system settings? i know some pioneers need that setup as "pionner", they come set as disabled out of the box.

nickoVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim ecotec
Yea it does, it's a calibration mode called s-remote but when I go into it it won't pick up the first button (volume up) then goes back to the first menu, you think that might be to do with the APPIOA lead?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
unless you've wired something incorrectly, itll most likely be that it needs the appisoa.

your cars not a calais is it?

nickoVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim ecotec
I'll have a look in the morning, everything is paired up colour wise except for the blue and orange wires coming out of the steering control harness so unless it's them I'll have to look into it a bit further and get the other lead too...