Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VX - how to clean air intake and such

mdjbags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim Wagon
Easily the best post I have seen. Very helpful, and was pissing myself laughing. Cleaned up my VX Commodore Acclaim Wagon Pelhum and air intake, 190k today. Took 3 hours including trip to Autobarn for Carbi Cleaner. Very shiny on the inside now. Clearly more power/responsiveness. Most productive 3 hours I ever spent on a car.

HOWEVER
When I reassembled and went for test drive #1...the gear shift was clunky, then I clicked the idle was way too fast, upwards of 2700. A little bit of soul searching, a sip of my favorite beverage, and I put my detective hat on. Throttle cables were slack and fine. Hmmm. Discovered the little hose (yup technical term) that hooks to the throttle intake at the bottom (goes under the Pelham to the other side of engine) had moved about 5mm at the OTHER end of the hose on the other side of the engine. Must have pulled it while trying to reconnect it to the throttle body. A gently nudge and all my problems went away. Next step, grab favorite beverage, sit down and slurp happily while watching the engine idle happily, for scientific purposes.

Thanks HarmlessMuffin.

MissKaos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vx Commodore V6
:D;) always love a bit of comedy added to one of the boring jobs haha
Cheers for that