Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VX - how to clean air intake and such

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Yeah good to check before. The Gasket itself isn't put under too much preasure, and if it was ####ed, I guess your engine would be running like a bitch... So don't buy before you look! :D

tdirago

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
sick guide man, lvoe the humour haah

gonna give it a go later today, how long did it take you?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok to do just the top part of it, with a full can of Carby cleaner and about 3 rags, it took me three hours. To do the rest how I explained up there only took 1 hour. So all up should take you about 1 hour and a half. Honest this is a fun thing to do, I dunno if working on cars is pleasurable for you lot, but I personaly love it. Take your time and work that bit harder for the extra good result, and you will reap the benefits. 1 hour 30 min, - 2 hour 30 min I recon

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah you should be. Look doing a VS would be very simmilar. Im going to do my mates probable next week, so when I do Ill post up a how too on the VS engines if people wanna wait untill then? Otherwize just give it a go. The setup is pretty much the same.

But to answer your question. VT motor is same as mine so everything will be same!

Reaction score
Members Ride
If anyone is in Hervey Bay region in Queensland! Should come over to my place and we can do it together! Though I only have one appropriate butter knife x.X

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
If anyone is in Hervey Bay region in Queensland! Should come over to my place and we can do it together! Though I only have one appropriate butter knife x.X

Lol, I'm in Bundy, might chuck a sicky and do it friday, while kid is at daycare.

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Can someone tell me if the series 2 VY Ecotec has a re-usable plenum gasket?

Reaction score
Members Ride
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-holden-commodore-2002-2004/139066-plenum-cover-gasket.html

They answered your question there xD Yeah man. Its a re-usable one. Friday is good for me after about 12 30. My sons at Daycare too!

Though I have no beer! But thats ok I don't need to drink. Need to take a damn break I tell yah. BYO Butter knife/Flat head because My son puts them in strange places and I can never find them. I have a few rags left! Im keen if your keen! Might want to bring some towels to throw over the sides of your engine bay as not to get grease on your car!

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Aaaah, so they did. I forgot I'd even posted that!