Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VX - how to clean air intake and such

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car
Yeah man! That should look neet once you are finished, and have a bit more kick.

Also that second how too is where I stole the pictures from xD. Well most of em xD

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Alright bro, chill. Pretty sure he was saying don't attempt it if you don't know what you are doing out of concearn. No one here wants you to wreck your car and have to take it too a Mechanic to be fixed bro. Especially me.

Yeah, I Wasnt having a go. :) Im a bit blunt sometimes.

Reaction score
Members Ride

ute boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Commodore Ute
just did mine and was very easy to do. wow u had a lot of build up mine was nothing like that.

quick question has anyone had problems since it?
cause while idling it sounds like i got a lumpy cam and idling quite rough. im gonna re-remove the lid and make sure the gasket is seild as well as cheak error codes and get back to yous with what the problem is if i ind it =S

anyway great guide

Reaction score
Members Ride
Simple mistake some make is putting the gasket back on wrong. Make ure its oiled up so it creates a nice seal, and do your bolts in a star fassion from the inside out. Don't over tighten them. Check that your gasket is good condition, if its too flat, or it if a tear in it: Replace it. Check your throttle bottle is closing properly, maing sure no gunk got into it. Check your throttle controle wire, make sure its nice and tight without raising the revs. Double check all hoses are correctly put on and hose clamps are nice and tight. Check air senso was not pulled out by accident.

K sweet! Go do that

ute boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Commodore Ute
Simple mistake some make is putting the gasket back on wrong. Make ure its oiled up so it creates a nice seal, and do your bolts in a star fassion from the inside out. Don't over tighten them. Check that your gasket is good condition, if its too flat, or it if a tear in it: Replace it. Check your throttle bottle is closing properly, maing sure no gunk got into it. Check your throttle controle wire, make sure its nice and tight without raising the revs. Double check all hoses are correctly put on and hose clamps are nice and tight. Check air senso was not pulled out by accident.

K sweet! Go do that

removed top cover twice to cheak if there was a seal leak and same problem in the end. new gasket installled as old was broken. boltes tight as when i undid them and tightned in star fashon. oil used to seal on both sides now im goin hunting
thx for your quick reply

ute boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II V6 Commodore Ute
Yeah I have no life so replys are usually quick

haha fair enough but at least having know life means u can help someone with a problem
update on my problem:
still sounds like its got a lumpy cam
error codes: 12 all is good =S
plemem chamber seal = sealed and oiled for a good seal.
all sensors are pluged in and cheaked for problems (i also cheaked the length of the pin it the iac valve)
all bolts and nuts are in right place and roughly correct tightness
i drove for 20min to see if the ecu had to make adujsments (i disconected the battery while working)

the bit that has got me confused is that its only at idle not a problem while under accelration and normal driving is unafected so im guessing it could be the throttle position
or it could still be an eletrical problem

im going to pull throttle body off again tommrow and see if i have missed something

good parts:
inside of chanber and throttle body is a lot cleaner
started to polish my chamber lid (starting to look good) =D

mitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah it could be the throttle body is closing right over so its struggeling for air or something... It just sounds like the problem is either not enough air, or too much air coming from a foregein place... Tweek your throttle wire till you get a nice idle I would say.