Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] [VX] How to drain excessive Tranni Fluid

83vhsle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh sle
great question calaber i have been thinking of doing that myself i will give it a go it seems like the easy way to get some oil out

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Jeez, how hard is it!! As was said before, a piece of fishtank air pump tubing or similar, stick it down the dipstick hole and syphon the excess fluid out.
There seems to be a hell of a lot of people on here that have problems when chaging the auto trans fluid . Fair enough if its the first time changing it, you might make a bit of a mess , but once youve done it a couple of times, you should be able to see how to do it without making any mess. I dont spill much fluid at all except for maybe for a little drip here or there. If you undo the trans pan bolts in a way that allows the pan to hang down at one end, you can drain the fluid first so you wont get any mess. Once the pan is loose and the fluid that first comes out has stopped coming out, you just hold the pan in place, undo the rest of the pan bolts, and then lower the pan down (keeping it level) to the ground and drain it.