Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX idle and shift problem

thumpstar68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Hey, I've got a vx commodore, it's got a few problems, not sure if related or not. Any help appreciated

If i try to flatten the accelerator from standing start it will rev first right out to over 5,000 until i back off and it will kick up a gear, sitting on about 60KMPH for up to 5 seconds if I don't back off.
In my old vt it would just change around 3-4ish? (auto)

Rough idle, shakey idle I've replaced TPS, CAS, Spark plugs and the fuel filter, Cleaning IAC and MAF tommorrow

any ideas? Thanks

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Found this bit of info on the net when searching for 4L60E auto transmission problems-

"Question-
1-2 shift does not happen at WOT (Wide Open Throttle) until you let off the gas:

Answer-
Best case: try replacing the TPS.
Middle case: leak in the 2nd gear apply circuit (servo assembly or 1-2 accumulator). Double check by using the pressure gauge and watch for a big drop when the PCM commands 2nd gear.
Worst case: poor line pressure rise".

thumpstar68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore
Yeah my first thought was the TPS, I changed it yesterday, still happening.. How do I check the pressure in the gear box?