Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX II Acclaim - Manifold insulators and plenum spacers.

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
Get some diffgears and rockers and even if they take the cover off you will still b sweet

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Okay thanks everyone.
Now my head's a bit clearer :).
So, when i get money, im going to go with new diff gears?, 12mm plenum spacer, 25mm mani insulator, 1:9:1's..
As well as a few other things, that most commo's end up with some point in their life.
And lastly probably some extractors, but I have seen a lot of people say you will lose bottom end and gain top end with extractors depending on the length. The longer the better.
How long are we talking about, mate?

MACE

Reaction score
If you want to keep your engine cover on there I would only recommend a 12mm spacer. You can raise the manifold by 25mm and still keep the engine cover on, however you'll have to modify the engine cover in particular around the alternator.

Hope this helps

Cheers,
Steve

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
Righto, that helped thanks 2Die.
And Steve, when you say modify the engine cover, would it simply be cutting a hole in it? Or is there another option to fit it over the raised manifold?

MACE

Reaction score
I drove around with it looking like this under the hood and had no trouble with the cops http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vr-vs/104535-black-vs-ute.html (first post, 4th pic or so down) had a fairly loud exhuast too for about 3yrs
She does look neat :D

30" long is about right. I like those headers in the first link for many reasons :)

Righto, that helped thanks 2Die.
And Steve, when you say modify the engine cover, would it simply be cutting a hole in it? Or is there another option to fit it over the raised manifold?

You would have to cut off the section that covers the alternator. You may also need to trim the bonnet liner or remove it all together.

Cheers,
Steve

Seanyy

"HULK"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim
I'll have to have a think about it.
I was thinking about removing the engine cover altogether anyway. Or i might just trim it to size and respray it.
Thanks for everyone's help.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
She does look neat :D

30" long is about right. I like those headers in the first link for many reasons :)

You would have to cut off the section that covers the alternator. You may also need to trim the bonnet liner or remove it all together.

Cheers,
Steve

Yeah it wasnt bad lol i remember you put it in some street mag or something, i remember seeing it :D

MACE

Reaction score
I'll have to have a think about it.
I was thinking about removing the engine cover altogether anyway. Or i might just trim it to size and respray it.
Thanks for everyone's help.
Not a worry Seanny :)

Yeah it wasnt bad lol i remember you put it in some street mag or something, i remember seeing it :D
Yeah it was in Street Commodores in the performance build up/package section of the mag :D