Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX II Cruise Control Kit - V6 Auto

mourati

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
made some phone calls through to the Holden dealer - they tell me that the VXII Cruise Control kit is not longer available but the VX Series 1 is! Engine is V6 Auto without traction. When I asked him would it do other than the indicator stalks being different, spare parts guy did not know so avoided question. Can anyone tell me part numbers for VXII cruise kit? and what's the parts different from the series 1 version other than indicator stalk. Cheers and thanks for your help! :)

mourati

Reaction score
if there's been discussions on this topic prior, sorry to ask again, but even a link of where it is would be gr8..thanks

seannatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLe/VR Wagon
Hey mate the spare parts guy isnt allowed to give out mechanical information as they are not qualified mechanics and could be held liable if you plugged it in and blew up your computer (which is unlikley i know)...

But you shouldnt have any problems but if a part number from a series one is still availble and not series two would generally mean you would have issues. If it was the same parts the the series one number would supersceed to the series 2 number. Which in my opinion would mean it wouldnt work or it may just be an asthetical change that was different in series 2 so series 1 will look wierd. If you email me tomorrow at seannatt @ hotmail.com i will remeber too look it up for you.

Regards

Sean

mourati

Reaction score
Cheers to the super assistance of SEANNATT.....sourced a brand new kit and we're now in business.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
1.1 VX AND VU SERIES II MODELS
The cruise control system used on VX and VU Series II Models carry over from VT Series II Models, noting the
following:
• A new headlamp and turn signal stalk (that includes the cruise control switch) has been fitted.

Sorry, if i had of seen this topic earlier i would've posted that! From the Holden Workshop Manual.

mike.vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
hey guys i have just purchased a 1997 VT Commodore Executive and wanting to put cruise control in it , does anyone have a rough idea on pricing and wat i need ??

mozey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II commodore exec
I fitted cruise to my VX Series 2 just went to the wreckers to get the parts. Mind you the wiring looms were already installed in my car which may the job a piece of cake...

Not sure about a VT commodore...i would go the wreckers and see what you can get. Otherwise you can always get an after market cruise control kit from guys such as this:
Autron Pty Ltd

Just out of interest while Holden do not offer the cruise control kit anymore for the Series II VX they still supply all the parts as spares so you can just make it up if you want:

GM-25336986 STEPPER MTR
GM-92138364 SCREW
GM-92057293 HARNESS CRUISE
GM-92066173 PATCH HARNESS
GM-92169928 SWITCH T/SIG
GM-25524845 SWITCH CR CONT
GM-92138622 CLIP-TUBULAR
GM-7436769 STRAP
GM-SP3516 STRAP HARNESS
GM-92140551 BULB-INST/CSTR

Mind you getting all these spares wil cost about $400-500 bucks from a dealers and you can pick the whole thing up for just over a $100 from wreckers...