Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ii exec 02

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Ahh **** you still here? Thank god i have some friends left haha

yeah I dont know why i let it go so long.. I just didnt want to spend the money you know?

Was funny.. was driving it today and the left headlight blew again.. sigh.. Gonna have to decide tonight on what headlights to get..

I think these ones are gonna be the winners...
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-C...=item27f0410430:g:uMQAAOSwBP9UXf27&rmvSB=true

Or these ones..
www.ebay.com.au/itm/361544401226?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

man i dunno

Last edited:

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Lookie what arrived today;) Just in time for fitment tomorrow ;)

QRRAskC.jpg

I also got some new bonnet struts to go in and a massive clean on the car to happen... (Yes I know Melbourne weather sucks but still needs a clean.)

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
Lights installed!

Before
HvPkM9i.jpg

After
wPBo38V.jpg

Preyy easy and straight forward install.. One of the bolts on the left hand headlights was cross threaded so was a bit of a prick getting the little **** out but we got there... Got the new bonnet struts installed as well. ezpz lemon squeezy.

For some reason though This side just wont clip in... giving me the shits...

prujrH0h

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
MattaY[s2];2832875 said:

Mine were the same when i bought my car with them already on. The genuine ones fit better, they're not perfect though. Nevertheless, looks good!

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
MattaY[s2];2832885 said:
Oh sorry should of clarified the lights fit in perfectly.. i'm talking about my front bumper.

Ahh, allg.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
MattaY[s2];2832875 said:
Lights installed!

Before
HvPkM9i.jpg

After
wPBo38V.jpg

Preyy easy and straight forward install.. One of the bolts on the left hand headlights was cross threaded so was a bit of a prick getting the little **** out but we got there... Got the new bonnet struts installed as well. ezpz lemon squeezy.

prujrH0.jpg

Hahahahaha

That side bit, i have same issue.
ALOT commodore users have it, once bumper comes off thats it, hardly goes back on.
And reason why i laughed is i had to redo mine today.

Dremel tool a slit in the section under the headlight so can hook something through it near original clip thats gone soft (you wont see the below when looking at car as tucks under headlight but then again my car is black like the cable tie itself)

I use a thick cable tie and loop it through and then with some thin twine rope stuff, loop that through the cable tie and attach to the battery mount bar that goes across the top of the battery

I can easily take it off if removing bumper etc by undoing the battery mounting bolt and/or make adjustments

My car is black so can easily get away with it

There is also anothe rmethod to use and thats again using cable tie to the quarter on the inner side somewhat

But can be done

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive
@uniacidz i actually popped it back in quite a bit maybe a 2mm gap i unscrewed all the screws on the bumper then jsut gave it a wack then slowly screwed it all back in... I still want to cable tie it though.. its just working out best spot... Thanks for suggestions though.

On another note... Now that i have some projector lenses....
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/55W-HID-...hash=item35cea02375:m:mVUJMH7swHJxx-PP4_awVZA
Maybe maybe??

Last edited:

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
MattaY[s2];2832989 said:
@uniacidz i actually popped it back in quite a bit maybe a 2mm gap i unscrewed all the screws on the bumper then jsut gave it a wack then slowly screwed it all back in... I still want to cable tie it though.. its just working out best spot... Thanks for suggestions though.

On another note... Now that i have some projector lenses....
55W HID Xenon Conversion KIT Ballast Bulbs H1 H3 H4 3 HI LO H7 H9 H11 9004 7 H13 | eBay
Maybe maybe??

Nein. Just grab some phillips ultra white. Those projectors are known to be shite.

Should check this guy out for something custom: https://www.facebook.com/LoudzCreations/?fref=ts

MattaY[s2]

BEA5TN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Executive