Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX II L67 rough takeoff when reversing out of driveway..?

Rooney69

'Sarcasm'
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V 3.6
Hi all, I have a 02 VX II L67 4spd

If I drive out of my driveway bonnet first it feels just fine (even cold) and goes through the gears all well and without any struggles. But if I reverse onto the street in R and then straighten up and pop it in D it tends to rev 1st gear to about 2.8-3.2k and changes but feels really sluggish throughout and even hesitates sometimes to go into 2nd and continues to feel sluggish for the next 5 mins at least.

Wot the fk is this black magic?

Leads/plugs? air filter?

My oil and oil filter was only done 300k's ago and the dipstick doesn't show overfill. Coolant is good and battery is green.

It's doing my head in.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Clean the throttle body and make sure all the IAC passages are clear for starters.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Yes, you need to remove the throttle body from the motor and clean it up with some throttle body cleaner which you can by from your local automotive supplier. The throttle body will be full of gunk from the PCV system. The IAC (idle air control) stepper motor and associated passages control the idle.

If you can't do it than your local mechanic should be able to.