Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX II SS - Starting Problem when Warm

Tambro

Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VX II SS M6
I have a '02 VX II SS - and after driving for a while, when I turn my car off, it gets really sluggish to start, or won't.
The starter motor is turning over, but sounds like battery is going flat. Left for a while to seemingly cool down, and the car starts perfectly.
New starter motor - check
New battery - check
tried different battery - check
Is there anything else that may cause this to happen?
Do you think this may be a job for an Auto Elec, or a Mech, or something I may be able to do myself ?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I was going to say weak battery or worn starter motor but seeing that you have replaced them already the only other thing I can think of would be a bad earth. You might want to get an auto electrician to have a look.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I was having similar problems with my VS V6.I ended up getting a 600 CCA rated battery ,an AC Declo brand one for $120,this replaced the 430 CCA century battery I had before..This helped considerably.I also added extra earth wires from the neg terminal to the body and engine block.CCA is the Cold Cranking Amps..

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
be sure to post up if you find the fix.
my car does this, but so far seems to start all the time, but I can relate to the slow turn overs.
I was sure the guy before me replaced the starter motor (looks cleaner than the rest of the red dust underbody), but haven't replaced it myself as yet.

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Replace the wiring loom that includes all your high amperage wiring. Should connect to battery, earth points, starter motor and alternator. clean every place the wires attach to when installing the new loom.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I had a similar problem with my VX and i used thicker battery cables and that fixed it .