Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX injectors on a VS?

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore V6 S2 and a BA XR6T
hey all.

just a question about injectors. i have a set from a vx ecotec and was wondering if they would fit a VS commodore v6? they are skinny blue injectors.

if so what would be the benifits of installing them on the vs? if any?

cheers

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
Many companies now try to sell the stock VT-VY (Bosch 777) injectors for all makes VN-VY. The flow rates are marginally different to the standard VS injectors, and they claim they you do not have to get a new tune to run them, providing you change all 6.

I am not sure about the advantages, but I am pretty sure that the fuel pressure of a VS is different to a VX, which means your flow rate may be a little less than the stock injectors, hence less power - but I may be wrong. I have been heard that the VT-VY style injectors atomise fuel more efficiently.

In any case, to sum up - They will work, but I think there may be small advantages and disadvantages. I would stick to stock injectors, but that's me.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
aceventura is on the money, flow rate is smaller (not my much 1cc from memory), but better atomisation. if you drop in the VX injectors drop in the VX fuel pressure regulator too, that will ensure the correct fuel pressure is maintained.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
ah ok lol well i have the regulator as well (the whole plenum)

so basically if i change the regulator if should be ok?

i have a greenfoam tune to so yeh (if that makes any difference lol)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i didnt think foam did tunes for the ecotec, but yea swap the reg too and you should be fine. Actually swap the whole rail, that way worst case, if you have any problems u can just swap back the whole rail.

jas98

Reaction score
Members Ride
yup....foamy does do tunes for the ecotec/VS. works goooooood too lol

ok ill change the whole rail over

cheers

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
Out of interest - I have noticed that the VT-VY fuel pumps are much more expensive than a VN-VS fuel pump, and I assume it is because they are heavier duty pumps. Are these pumps required to sustain the higher fuel pressure required by the VT-VY over the long term?

I ask because I am interested whether the VS pump will fail prematurely due to the increased fuel pressure.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
i dont believe they're a heavy duty, possibly could pump out more pressure. i believe they are the same part number.

i havent had a problem with my fuel pump since i've had the vt engine, from memory its only the fuel pressure regulator that holds the pressure in the rail.