Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX L67 Boost Gauge Install

Sik_Cordz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vk 5LTR
hey guys helping a mate installing a boost gauge in his superchargerd 6. but im unsure if i installed the line into the right line on the engine. i tee pieced into a line that go's to a actuator near the throttle body and we took the car for a drive and wasnt showing a boost reading.where is the best spot to tee in or is this ok

cheers Allan

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
Sounds like you've tee'd the wrong one. I've attached some pics below to show the two easiest locations to measure boost pressure with very little work involved...
The first is to fit your boost gauge vac line to the vac port on the front of the alloy lower inlet manifold under the blower snout. From factory it has a black rubber blanking cap over it as pictured. Remove the cap and fit your new vac hose.
The other way is to tee into either of the vac lines that are connected to the boost tree. The bottom one goes to fuel pressure reg and the top goes to the boost control solenoid. It is also worth noting that the boost control solenoids are notorious for dying and prevent you from achieving full boost. Many (including myself) delete the solenoid all together. There is no need to delete it though if it is functioning correctly.
Hope that helps.
Chris.

Attachments

• 22052011333.jpg
    22052011333.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 13,365
  • DSCF0095.jpg
    DSCF0095.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 13,668

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Does the gauge just read 0 all the time or are you seeing vacume just not boost?

SLIPPRY

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 navara
Yeah man I need help with that too, ive installed a sc14 to a vn motor in my navara, got a few issues actually, number 1 I've left the throttle body where it was stock so I could adapt a bov the bov has a tiny little outlet on it dunno where to connect that to or where to tap in the tee piece for the boost gauge. Anyone help?

Just Big Mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman V6 S/C
Hi Chris,
The photo of the front of the LIM is gold.
I am also interested in your comment about the Solenoid. Can you explain how it works, why they die and why and how do you remove it and what would the affect be.
I look forward to your reply.
Cheers, Paul.
Just Big Mac

vtv6sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais Supercharged
I hooked one up last week on my VT. I just connected the vac line onto the outlet directly under the supercharger snout. It's reading accurately for both vacuum and boost.
the outlet takes about 4mm vac hose and has a black plastic cap on it which will probably break when you take it off.

matthew fyrer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx wagon
Any help muchly appreasheated. Ive got a few questions .

1st is my boost gauge is connected to the top of the t-peace is that right when i start my car its just about at -20 on the boost gauge

2nd is under the blower snout, their are 2 vaccume hose's coming from the back of the drivers side just under the rocket cover one isnt connected and its pushing air out amd the other one is connected under the snout is that right ?

3rd on the passenger side their is a little nipple near a plug that is suppose to have a vaccume line off it, it isnt connected to anything where should that one go?

Thanks any help would be muchly appreasheated. Vx l67 sedan W2A intercooled

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Yeah 20 vac is ok but keep in mind it will change slightly when u fix the leak(s). I would connect the hose that is leaking to the nipple that is missing a vac hose...problem should be solved

Kosta l67

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 vx spac s2 l67 01 vx spac s2 00 vt l67 s2
There a sense on the left sidenof the motor donyou block it off OT keep it open