Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX l67 on LPG

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Hey guys, im buying a new car and the missus is getting the vx l67 that I currently have. Though im wanting to know can I convert the l67 to straight gas? without ruining the motor, i dont really care about a loss of performance. thanks

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
You cant use a mixer setup for an l67 but i've heard the vapour injection dual fuel systems work quite well even with a boost upgrade. Dont know how straight gas would go though.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Why would you want to run an L67 on gas anyway. If fuel economy is a concern sell it and buy a corolla.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Simple really, I own my VX and its getting passed on as a family car and my missus doesnt need "power" to go around town in. Ive had my fun with it, so if she can save $50 a week on petrol it would be ideal, comprehend?

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
With a good gas system you shouldn't loose too much power. If you like the car by all means keep it, gas it, and start saving some coin.

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Yeah the power isnt the worry, its if it will work and ruin the motor. Vapour seems like a good idea although at 5k is a tad expensive.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Im no gas expert (so anyone feel free to correct me), but I think the problem with a mixer system is the gas goes into the intake before the supercharger. So when it comes on boost the supercharger is actually compressing the air and gas mixture which can ignite with the heat created, basically blowing the supercharger to pieces. The vapour injection goes in after the supercharger so it doesn't have the same problem