Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Loud good sounding exhaust system

simmo5540

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive SII 2002 V6
I am looking to get a loud exhaust system with no drone preferrably one just below or even on the legal limit when i put my foot down
it is for a V6 (3.8l) VX SII Executive commodore and so far the only results i have found are from mates who have said to get a lukey or redback system with 2.5" high flow cat & pacemaker extractors.

can anyone help me out on how to make it as loud as legally possible and which brand lukey or redback ?? also does any1 know a good place to take my car in SA who i could take it to and they would give me exactly what i am asking for on here? im thinking profix. im looking to spend around $1500 max

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
redback single muffler will drone, redback with rear hotdog will not :)
or my mate just got a gen 3 redback exhaust on his vz and it sounds ok, that was custom fitted, cost him 550 im pretty sure
then u get some pacemaker extractors ;)

Last edited:

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Leave the stock system on it if you want it to be legal, I dont think any aftermarket system will be legal sound or emissions wise.

simmo5540

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive SII 2002 V6
Leave the stock system on it if you want it to be legal, I dont think any aftermarket system will be legal sound or emissions wise.

yeah its not the emissions im worried about i dont really care about them, i just dnt want to be defected for having it too loud im not sure the legal DB of sound it can be though thats why im rthinkin about taking it to profix and telling them what i want and see what they reccomend

simmo5540

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive SII 2002 V6
thanks mate and i have been told to get a hotdog by a few people so i think i'll get that as well cause i definantly don't want that annoying drone

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
Well there's not much point spending $1500 a system, if its just gonna sound like the one you just took off the car is it. Now if you dont care about sound then the pacemaker, hiflow cat with a 2.5" system will be the path to take.

Jonno

:)
Reaction score
Members Ride
;)
nah mate no need to spend 1500
can get away with under 600

just go to ur local exhaust shop and say u want a legal loud exhaust with no drone
and he will set it up man! :)

and that will be alot louder^

simmo5540

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive SII 2002 V6
cheers you have both been very helpful :)
however i am still torn between if i get the redback or the lukey i'll have to find a couple of people with them and take a listen i think

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
i have heard lukey... i have 2.5inch catback (unkown brand) with middle muffler and hotdog on the rear and extractors... sounds nice and not to loud especially when you get up in it.... 0 drone ;)

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
and i have never been defected and neither has any of my mates and were all p platers. drive like a ######## and cops will pick on you