Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx lowered on ssl pics

Holden__vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim
I'm new to the site and was wondering if people would be able to help me out wit information about lowering a holden vx acclaim series 1 with ssl rear and sl on the front , have people ha many oroblems and could you upload some pictures :) cheers

inSight

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 1 VX
I'm new to the site and was wondering if people would be able to help me out wit information about lowering a holden vx acclaim series 1 with ssl rear and sl on the front , have people ha many oroblems and could you upload some pictures :) cheers

Are you referring to lowering of the car with the rear lower than the front?

I know it's all personal preferences etc but why do people choose to do this? It looks ridiculous and I'm sure most of them are illegal.

Can't comment on any problems as I've never had my car lowered. Previous owner of my VX had the car declared unroadworthy by police due to running lowered springs. He was forced to install the new stock springs and have the car checked at his own expense in order to have it roadworthy again.

If I'm not mistaken you may run into some rear camber problems causing the rear wheels to come out on an angle. Again this could be declared unroadworthy by police, or possibly mechanic during pink slip.

If you plan on lowering the car by more than 5cm compared to stock than you may need approval from your roads and traffic authorities (eg RMS in NSW, Vicroads in VIC etc). I have also been told that the car MUST be equal to or above 10cm off the ground. If your car is less than this (and it's measured by the lowest point of the car) than it is unroadworthy. It doesn't matter if your carrying heavy loads either as the car should always be above 10cm off the ground.

You can try to use the search function as I'm sure there are other threads related to your question.

EDIT: It's possible you may even need an engineering certificate to ensure that the modifications are safe and roadworthy.

Holden__vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim
Are you referring to lowering of the car with the rear lower than the front?

I know it's all personal preferences etc but why do people choose to do this? It looks ridiculous and I'm sure most of them are illegal.

Can't comment on any problems as I've never had my car lowered. Previous owner of my VX had the car declared unroadworthy by police due to running lowered springs. He was forced to install the new stock springs and have the car checked at his own expense in order to have it roadworthy again.

If I'm not mistaken you may run into some rear camber problems causing the rear wheels to come out on an angle. Again this could be declared unroadworthy by police, or possibly mechanic during pink slip.

If you plan on lowering the car by more than 5cm compared to stock than you may need approval from your roads and traffic authorities (eg RMS in NSW, Vicroads in VIC etc). I have also been told that the car MUST be equal to or above 10cm off the ground. If your car is less than this (and it's measured by the lowest point of the car) than it is unroadworthy. It doesn't matter if your carrying heavy loads either as the car should always be above 10cm off the ground.

You can try to use the search function as I'm sure there are other threads related to your question.

EDIT: It's possible you may even need an engineering certificate to ensure that the modifications are safe and roadworthy.

Thanks for your help mate, I would have put ssl on the front but I couldn't find anywhere and I was reading somr other forums and heaps of people had ssl rear and sl on the front

dumpedvs

sheppa8
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S
Thanks mate , have you had many problems with police ? Been defected ?

I only had them in for half a day and took them back out because they were scrubbing.
Ive had SL's in since ive had it, have only ever been pulled over once for speeding so I think it more depends on how you drive more than anything.

GEMLUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec
this is my VT that i bought with SSL in the rear (roadworthy apparently). Got defected and put SL in and sits much better.. SSL is too low.. scaped everywhere. 70-80mm off the ground but that was on stockies (unsure if that matters).

Holden__vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx acclaim
Does anyone know what to do about the rear wheels angling inwards on a holden vx series one ? It's on ssl cheers