Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX LS1 Correct O2 Sensor location identification

1965Cobra

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZG Calais V
I am using LS1 engine from VX model in a kit car. I found the O2 sensor wires cut in the loom, i rejoined them and installed the sensors, but i still have poor idling and power loss (assuming sensor issues) . A question of identification of the physical location of the sensors .. Does RH sensor relate to the vehicle RHS or the Engine RHS?.

Many thanks

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
sitting in drivers seat right is right and left is left, or bank 1 is Australian passenger side and bank 2 is Australian drivers side, just unplug a sensor and check to code make sure its also for the same side sensor then u know its wired right or not

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
o2 sensors are prone to fail and are pretty delicate and can be damaged if they get oil or stuff on them

Luckily they are fairly cheap

What colours are the wires, a wiring diagram should show the difference between them

Does it pull up a code?

I just looked in my Haynes manual, there's like 30 possible codes for the o2 sensors alone

As for the wire codes, my manual doesn't have the engine wiring harness , which is 5hit....

Last edited:

1965Cobra

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZG Calais V
Thanks,
The O2 sensors were new when installed, so far no codes logged however as it isnt in the original car i cant see if there are faults occurring . I have just bought a diagnostic software package and will use it next week to check. At that time i will confirm wire colours. Before I reconnected the sensors I downloaded a pin out diagram for the computor. I will attach it to my next post

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
This might help.

Attachments

• 05d.pdf
    488.1 KB · Views: 148