Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx Ls1 thermo fan wiring problems???

4D_SUx

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx senator 300
Hey, Just got a question about changing my thermo fans back to original on my vx Senator and any help would be appreciated.
Iv got 2 wires coming out of harness, Lt blue with yellow stripe and a orange with a yellow strip, then 2 positives coming from 2 30amp fuses, colours r orange/dark blue S, and orange/black S.
I seem to be missing the plug what joins these coloured wires to the 2 fans which colours are, Black, Lt Green, Yellow and Lt Blue.
It would be great if any1 could let me know how to hardwire these together?
Thanks

Bambambarrera

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu SS
Were you going back to a 4 plug system I am trying to go to a 2 connector system

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vu ss
I have the problem to hook up my 4 wire fans up to fuse box myself. Each fan has 4 wires, black green blue and yellow. I have only 2 wires coming out of fuse box that are bare. One blue and yellow and orange and blue .the orange and blue goes from one wire into 2 wires under fuse box. So how do I hook the fans to these 2 wires please. This is on a vu ss series 1

TayGen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais international V8
Hey, Just got a question about changing my thermo fans back to original on my vx Senator and any help would be appreciated.
Iv got 2 wires coming out of harness, Lt blue with yellow stripe and a orange with a yellow strip, then 2 positives coming from 2 30amp fuses, colours r orange/dark blue S, and orange/black S.
I seem to be missing the plug what joins these coloured wires to the 2 fans which colours are, Black, Lt Green, Yellow and Lt Blue.
It would be great if any1 could let me know how to hardwire these together?
Thanks
Hey mate did you work out these wires? im in exactly the same boat after a engine swap from SS to Calais

TayGen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the reply, will have a look I’ve worked out orange / blue goto Yellow on the fan side which is trigger fan 1.

blue / yellow goes to black on the fan side which is trigger fan 2

From what I can work out the green needs to goto orange / black

red needs to goto orange and blue? Same thing about a blue fuseable link from the alternator... that’s the part that’s confusing me. Correct me if I’m wrong?

no expert on wiring diagrams, my brother swapped the looms when we did the engine change, VU SS series 1 manual to a VX calais international auto. Has caused many headaches, took a week to work out ignition lol.

I have tested the fan and managed to get them to run manually on high speed, but would prefer the wiring to be correct and not have to wire a switch to turn on and off

Any help would be great blokes. Cheers

TayGen3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got it, cheers fellas wiring does go back to orange / blue and orange / black.

From what I can gather YE118, YE105, YE98 as well as some of the starter wiring, power steering solenoid and neutral position switch very between series 1 & 2 as well as Auto and Manual battery and engine looms.. makes sense but not something we picked up on while swapping the motor, could have saved a lot of headaches.

If anyone is having issues re-wiring a manual engine and battery loom to auto, or between models get in contact happy to share what needed to be changed.