Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX manual question

MaxVXS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
Hi all :)

I own a VX S 5 speed manual that I have a recent problem with, when I change gears the engine revs seem to stay at the same speed for around 1-2 seconds before going down, to try and explain myself a little better - say I take off in 1st, when i take my foot off the accelerator and depress the clutch to change to 2nd, the engine revs stay at the same speed as they were before i took my foot off the accelerator, so when letting the clutch out I have to wait for that 1-2 seconds for the revs to go down to have a smooth change. When idling if I rev the engine and take my foot off the accelerator the revs seem to go down as normal, it only seems to happen while changing gears.

Just wondering if anyone else might have had this problem and if so how I might go about fixing it?

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
MaxVXS said:
Hi all :)

I own a VX S 5 speed manual that I have a recent problem with, when I change gears the engine revs seem to stay at the same speed for around 1-2 seconds before going down, to try and explain myself a little better - say I take off in 1st, when i take my foot off the accelerator and depress the clutch to change to 2nd, the engine revs stay at the same speed as they were before i took my foot off the accelerator, so when letting the clutch out I have to wait for that 1-2 seconds for the revs to go down to have a smooth change. When idling if I rev the engine and take my foot off the accelerator the revs seem to go down as normal, it only seems to happen while changing gears.

Just wondering if anyone else might have had this problem and if so how I might go about fixing it?
thats standard in all commodore manuel to aid in smoother shifts

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh i have the same prob, it may make a smother shift but it decreases the power that u take into the next gear. :bang: i thought i may have been my throttle body sticking so i cleaned if and it didn't do it for a few days but not its back to what it was b4. cleaned it again and it didn't do anything this time, not sure hey strange. if anyone no's how to get rid of it i would definately try it.

cheers
ryan

Gothevu

Off the chain
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU S2 Ute - 5 sp manual
I wouldn't worry 2 much about it, just keeps the revs up when ur racing off the light

deserthead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS III l67 Column Shift Ute
Dual mass flywheel. . . .
Its the most stupidest (Is that even a word??) thing Holden have done.
It annoys the living **** outta me!!

Im goin the mal wood solid flywheel when my clutch goes.

U do get used to driving with it though, even it makes u sound like a crap driver. . . .

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Totally agree with you there deserthead. Dual mass is really annoying unless your someone who can't drive manual and accelerates to 60kmph over the course of 60km! :p

I wanna upgrade my flywheel to a solid one and get a performance clutch.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
thats standard in all commodore manuel to aid in smoother shifts

thats strange, cos if i knock my auto into neutral, while the engine is revving it also takes like 2 seconds to idle back down...

MaxVXS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
Thanks for the replies guys :) much appreciated, puts my mind to rest :thumbsup: thanks again :)