Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX misfire and stall under load

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
And if the cam and crank sensors dont fix it, it could pay to have another look at the exhaust side of things...collapsed cat maybe? Pull the new plugs and see what they look like and double check the gap.

jeepyrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW 535D, VR V6 Ute
Im with Turtl3; I would have said crank angle sensor from the get go. Possibly blocked exhaust, though I'm going to take a punt on CAS.

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Im with Turtl3; I would have said crank angle sensor from the get go. Possibly blocked exhaust, though I'm going to take a punt on CAS.

Lol, technically ur with tonner matt

finko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
The cas in my car is only a year old. I replaced it december of 2014. I was talking to my mechanic and he thinks it could be my ecu playing up. Hes coming over on the weekend with a spare to test it

Also, something else I wanted info on, if anyone knows. There are 2 hoses coming off the throttle body yes? One branches out to the left, and connects to what seems like the inlet manifold. The other runs under the manifold, and connects to a sensor at the back of the engine. What is that sensor for, and is it ment to have a hose connected to it (other than the one from the throttle body)? It has a spigot that looks like a hose should be connected, but i cant find one.

Forgive my lack of knowledge on technial terms, im still very much learning cars. I am trying though, I hate relying on something if I dont know how it works

D

devilly

i think you talking about the line under the pressure regulator,i think your referring to the fuel purge solenoid that goes to throttle body and then it has another line that goes through firewall and joins at the charcoal canister.

quick question how may turns of the key to start your car ?

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Genuine or aftermarket eBay job ?
If it wasn't genuine then don't rule it out , a lot of eBay jobs crap out quick

I've even had a genuine one dead straight out of the box.
First and only time it has ever happened to me with a genuine part

finko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
@devilly, that may be what im refering to, I honestly have no idea haha. But is whatever im thinking about supposed to have a hose connected to it?

it kicked over first go. Sometimes it will fire for a second and stall, other times it will turn over first go, other times again ill have to sit there going through the start-stutter-stall cycle for 20 minutes before it will go.

yesterday afternoon was the worst. I cleaned out my throttle body, reset the computer, and now it wont run at all. Just start-stutter (for 1-2 seconds) and stall. Thats when I noticed the thing-a-ma-bob at the back of my engine I refered to earlier.

@billy, genuine. Cost me a bit too. But when the old one went, it acted completely different than it is now. I genuinely believe it to be a different problem than the cas

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
Back of engine drivers side is the purge canister , it has a hose that goes to the throttle body the 90deg elbows come apart aswell with age
If the hose isn't there then that's you problem . Massive air leak

It sits from throttle body under the intake manifold runners to the purge canister.
Search purge canister hose