Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX misfire and stall under load

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Did u replace the CAM angle sensor, or the CRANK angle sensor? I would replace the one that u didnt do a year ago.

D

devilly

I cant explain in words so here's a picture :) sounds like a hose has come off and then you wouldn't have enuff compression to start car.

Attachments

• hope this works.JPG
    hope this works.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 245

finko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Thing is, when it does run, as long as I dont give it more than about 10% throttle, it drives fine. If I give it more than that, the revs die and if I dont ease off it will drop until it stalls. Even if im not moving and my clutch is in, if I rev too hard, it will stall. But if I rev slowly, I can get my rev count above 5k.

As long as the ground is mostly flat, im not in too high a gear, and I accelerate slowly, I can get anywhere fine. When it starts of course

Which it hasnt done in 2 days

D

devilly

check out the above picture.sounds like system is running on 10 for vacuum pressure it should be 20.

sounds like the throttle body vacuum line to the back of motor needs replacing.i just used very small fuel line and through the plenum ran a S shape with the hose,and then tiny ring clamps.just be-careful when tightening the rear as it's on a plastic connector.

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
A slight vac leak shouldnt cause the car to be inoperable. It will idle like crap and cough/splutter hunt...but it should still drive. Maybe its another sensor. What about the tps or vss?

D

devilly

have you checked for the fault codes via bridging the pins ,also check the big hose joining the throttle body for splits and cracks. have you replaced the iac i think i read that the tps has been changed,what did you use to clean out the throttle body ?

finko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Yeah I replaced the tps and iac as recommended by my mechanic. No difference. Got the p0012 all clear code. Hoses are supple and free of cracks and splits. Cleaned the throttle body with throttle body cleaner from super cheap auto.

when I try and start it, its coughing and misfiring for a second or two before stalling, and I noticed a lot of back pressure from the air intake. Is it normal under misfire for the engine to cough air OUT instead of sucking it IN?

finko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
Also, exhaust and cat checks out. Theyre fine. This is seriously screwing with my head, my brothers a mechanic, my brother inlaw is a mechanic, the boys at my job work on cars all day, and even my own mechanic, all are stumped. We have no idea whats wrong

finko88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore
No idea for certain anyway. Brother in law still thinks its injectors even tho its getting fuel, my brother thinks its still a sensor somewhere, my mechanic thinks its my ecu, and the boys at work think its a major outing on the timing.

but ive thrown hundreds of dollars at it already, I cant keep it up lol

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did u replace the CAM angle sensor, or the CRANK angle sensor? I would replace the one that u didnt do a year ago.

I see u have already replaced the fuel pump, so maybe the fpr is stuffed and just letting the fuel recirculate straight back to the tank instead of maintaining pressure in the rail? Could explain y it runs sometimes, but only as long as its under very light throttle? I remember when i did the v6 engine swap into my hilux, i was supplied with the wrong pump...the pump they gave me was for carby instead of efi, so it still ran sometimes, but only for a second or 2 as it couldnt pump enough fuel to keep pressure up. So it could be a similar problem caused by the fpr just letting all that fuel virtually bypass the injectors because theres no pressure building up due to the fpr being faulty. Just a thought...