Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx misfiring cylinder

HaydenRibbons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II
Hey all

My vx auto just started missing a cylinder. I'm pretty sure i know which one. I had ongoing issue that seemed related to this so I recently changed sparkplugs and everything was working then mid drive one cut out.

I think fuel is not getting to the cylinder. What test's should I be doing to uncover the issue?

Thanks

*edit additional detail*
Previously the car would stall most morning after reversing then putting it into drive. going up some hills with lower revs would cause it to have inconsistent power until you accelerate some more.

Last edited:

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Pull both sparkplug leads off the coil feeding that cylinder and start it there should be a big blue spark jumping between the 2 coil posts and making a good crack sound if it comes and goes or barely jumps the gap the coils dead

HaydenRibbons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II
I did the test. There were come good cracks but not heaps. it jumped between the sparkplug looking top and one of the coil posts(what I assume that is anyway) but even then it would not consistently jump.

So shes dead then? are they hard/expensive to replace?

HaydenRibbons

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II
I compared it to other ones and it seemed to perform at least 90% of what the others did

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
Unbolt the 2 little 7 or 8mm bolts and lift it off and fit a new or second hand one