Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX mods exhaust and induction

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
Hey guys I gotta VX SS and i was just reading some of the other threads and they seem :confused: :confused: :confused:.. Plus being in a small town i dont really have access to tunning places and information on what to do..

So i was hoping someone on here can tell me straight down the line no BS on what to do first not looking at making it a 1/4 mile rocket but just enough so i have a bit more grunt to play with :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I have got a price on a exhaust system for it Pacemaker Extractors and keep original cats then 3 inch lukey system from the cats back around $1250 supply only is this a good way to go....

Is it worth getting the ss induction (as in tube that sits over top of radiator)
or is it a waste of time and money.... I think it looks good :whistling

Plus also all this talk of ls1 edit and tuning the computer sounds a bit :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:(who to use to make sure i get a good tune and my moneys worth )

Does it need to be done when you do these mods to make the most of the mods..

EDIT i was just looking around on the net and founs this system you can get

http://www.darrendifilippo.com.au/holden_sys.html

Last edited:

ringram

efilive evangalist
Reaction score
Website
www.efilive.eu
Members Ride
2007 HSV CLubsport R8 M6
Forget SSI Stuff.

For stock engine you dont need more than 2.5" exhaust. Id go with 1.5/8 or 1.3/4 headers (larger for future mod insurance) try-y or 4 into 1 doesnt matter much though tri-y have a little more mid and bottom end.

As for tuning consider buying efilive or similar and tune the car yourself. Worse case you can start off with an HSV 285KW tune for the price of the scan tool. Hell you can even drop a GTS tune in with the 285KW timing map and VE table (simple copy and paste) and give yourself a maffless tune. Work on it from there or leave as is. Its possible to get to 250RWKW with a very good self tune.

Take a look at www.efilive.com and www.holdencrazy.com you can dl and play with it yourself.

Otherwise if thats not for you. Basic exahust and monaro CAI works well for a few extra bhp.

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
SSI WTF is thats were you get me lost im a simple man

I thought 4 into 1 was the way to go but now maybe try y sounds good it all too :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

so you reckon 3 inch not needed is there anything wrong with getting it like will i lose back pressure or the car wont idle properly

also i have heard one on a vx and it sounds :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: but then do i want just sound or performance

had a look at those site and they just confuse me which one to downloadand which one is the bes one for my car and my future mods plus how do they get onto my cars computer

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

ringram

efilive evangalist
Reaction score
Website
www.efilive.eu
Members Ride
2007 HSV CLubsport R8 M6
SSI = SS Inductions.
3" Exhaust should be fine, but might be louder than you want. Main point is to maintain velocity. Any backpressure is bad.
So dont overdo the exhaust from headers to expansion chamber / resonators or you will lose velocity and hence scavanging. As Kill said, chat with the guys mentioned they know their stuff.

BOGANV8

I gotta V8 whoot whoot
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX 02 SS LS1
coolies will do i think it would be the best thing to do thanks for the help :) :) :)

RebelSS

RebelSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV A6
Modifications

Hi,

It depends how far you want to go.

But, the most effective change that I made in any one hit was to replace the diff or just the gears to the 3.46:1 ratio. It really wakes it up.

Next you can get the intake fixed with a free flowing MAF pipe, maybe a k&N filter, a ported MAF and a ported and polished throttle body. Also do the hot water-by-pass while doing the throttle body.

Then to compliment the intake side you need to do the exhaust all the way from the heads to the rear. If you have an A4 then stick with 4>2>1's for best results.

All this should give you at least 300kW and a snappy car.

BTW., I can help you with the throttle body and the MAF.

Cheers,
Mark

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
RebelSS said:
Hi,

It depends how far you want to go.

But, the most effective change that I made in any one hit was to replace the diff or just the gears to the 3.46:1 ratio. It really wakes it up.

Next you can get the intake fixed with a free flowing MAF pipe, maybe a k&N filter, a ported MAF and a ported and polished throttle body. Also do the hot water-by-pass while doing the throttle body.

Then to compliment the intake side you need to do the exhaust all the way from the heads to the rear. If you have an A4 then stick with 4>2>1's for best results.

All this should give you at least 300kW and a snappy car.

BTW., I can help you with the throttle body and the MAF.

Cheers,
Mark

sorry but this might sound like a silly question but you keep talking about a hot water-by-pass. what do you mean by this???

RebelSS

RebelSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV A6
Hot water by-pass.

Hi,

Any question is not a silly question.

I'll never forget, when I was doing my engineering degree, a lecturer once said that if you got the courage to raise your hand and aske the question then there is a gurantee that at least there are 20% of students that would lie to ask the same question but do not have the courage to ask.

Now, hot water by pass is when you disconnect the hot water tube that enters on the lower LHS of the throttle body and connect it direct it to the 'T' picece of the chrome balance pipe between the heads.

The reason for doing this mod is that the fueld is coooler in temperature yielding higher caliorific
reproduction. More power.

Hope that clarifies it somewhat.

Mark