Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX No start issue

Holdentryagnoser

Reaction score
Members Ride
Standard VY supercharged v6 commodore
Ok, I have read A LOT of threads here, never been into joining chats, but from what I have read, there are A LOT of very knowledgeable people here, and just reading threads here has helped me so much in the past, I have joined, to A, share my knowledge if and where ever I can...and B, guys, I really need some help and cannot seem to find what I'm looking for anywhere at all. I have been to the library, the polytechnics library and have been all through this forum looking for the help I need, to no avail. I am currently working on a VX with a no start issue. Drove it in the morning, started fine and ran well, was only short drive maybe 15min max, started it again same day but in the evening, again started and ran beautifully. Next morning though......no go. And hasn't since. I can start it using "start ya bastard" but it won't run. So in saying that, it says to me it's fuel. I Removed the fuel feed pipe to the injectors @ the firewall, turned key to the on position expecting a bloody good squirt.....and nothing. Swapped fuel relay to a known good one and checked fuse under bonnet, tried again and still nothing. I then removed the fuel tank and pump and installed another known good one, and still nothing. I have checked all the wiring from the pump back to the relay and I get no volts at the pump apart from 5.7 volts? Not even enough to run the pump. I really don't know what I'm missing. It does have an aftermarket single din stereo, but I've checked that wiring and seems ok. Guys I'm lost, any help would be great.....please

D

devilly

If it starts on start you bastard then to me it sounds like fuel pump has giving up. You could first try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery, system reset if that don't work. its removing the fuel and the dropping the tank and take pictures of everything so you know how to put the new one back in properly. And make sure you tighten up the earth strap properly. when lifting the tank back up I used blocks of wood and jacks making sure you first put the nozzle where the fuel goes in back in first.

Holdentryagnoser

Reaction score
Members Ride
Standard VY supercharged v6 commodore
Awesome guys thanks heaps, was a faulty BCM in the end. All up and running again now. Thanks again guys ☺☺