Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx not cranking

Happy vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive
Hi all. I'm new here so plz bear with me. My teenage son has a VX executive which ran fine previously. After sitting with flat battery for months and accessed with door key only, we've installed a new battery, but it will not crank, nor is the fuel pump audible. The key fob looks fine and is making contact with the 'ring'. My guess (and its just a guess), is the immobilizer doesn't recognise the key now. Or am i barking up the wrong tree? Any help gratefully received thx.

Schwarz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2000
Same here ended up being the bcm so grabbed a 2nd hand bcm,ecu,nd new key fob went first pop

Happy vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive
Thanks for that. I was hoping it may have been something simple. Oh well. Cheers

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
There should be a red flashing light on the dash, if that turns off it's not the security. If that keeps flashing I would start with the key battery.

Happy vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive
I must admit I haven't noticed the flashing light, maybe I'll check that first. Cheers

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Does the key operate the remote door locks? If not, then probably the key battery. Try turning the headlights on high beam and blowing the horn at the same time to make sure you haven't got a bad battery terminal. Did you give them a good clean when replacing the battery?

Happy vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx executive
Yes to both questions Aussie Trev. Plenty of power, just no noise at all from starter motor or fuel pump.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Should still crank with the light flashing just wont start, look at your fuses sounds like you blew a fuse, those big ones under the hood, also pull out the relays and push them back in. Give the wires a wiggle too it might have a bad connection. Then if its not working give your BCM a few taps .. Not all new batteries on the shelf are fully charged.

Last edited: