Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Pacemaker Extractors

Swiper

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore Lumina
Just a few questions on the Pacemaker extractors, currently running 2.5" catback with redback rear muffler. Wondering if anyone has any videos on pacemaker extractors with a simular setup. I really just want my car to be loud and touger without actually buying a V8, are pacemaker extractors the way to go? When Installing them I think I have to cut and reweld the cats if you think differently please let me know. Thanks

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Unlikely to sound loud and tough. I had Redback and pacies with Mace CAI and Mace 1.9s. It sounded OK but I wouldn't say it was tough. I'd do it anyway but if you are expecting a nice note you will be disappointed, even more so being an Eco.

H

harrop.senator

The only way I've found they sound tough is with a cam and a single long hotdog, preferably dumped at diff 3.9s or 4.1's and a manual.

Aka skid pig / b and s spec.

They're not that loud on cruise but I wouldn't want to hear it with an auto droning out on 3.08's

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
They will improve economy and top end, won't make a lot of difference to the sound.

Yes, you have cut and weld the pipes in front of the cats.

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy
it's a V6, it will never sound tough or remotely like a V8. Welcome to reality.

H

harrop.senator

Plenty of tough sounding v6's. It's a different sound but can definitely be tough lol.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Plenty of tough sounding v6's. It's a different sound but can definitely be tough lol.
Raaaaaaaarrrrrssssppppp, raaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrssssppppp, raaaaaaarrrrrrrrsssssppppppp.

Dronnnnnnne, dronnnnnne, dronnnnnnnne.....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?