Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX power antenna wiring.

monaro_kid

Reaction score
Members Ride
CV8 Monaro
Hi all. Just a quick question. Have searched threads but can't find the exact problem / diagram I'm looking for.

We have a 2002 CV8 Monaro and have replaced the original head unit as the CD stacker no longer works. It's all hooked up fine, even got the steering wheel controls to work. Problem is the power aerial won't go up or down. ( Had the 1 blue wire to H/U as normal ). The original unit has a up/down variable button on it to set height and the wife wants it the same so I was going to fit a rocker switch to manually control it. I've been told the switch itself changes the polarity.

Question is, if switch has accessory power and earthed, and has 2 wires coming of it which have power depending on which way the switch is pushed, do I run individual wires to antennas wires ( red / white ), or do I run both wires to same power wire on antenna and leave other wire going to BCM. I hooked them up individually and it doesn't move. I know the antenna works, so now confused.