Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Power Windows Install

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Hi Guys.

Quick Question. Mrs wants power windows for the front of the car for airflow.

Now, I Know i will need.
VX Ute Window Switch for centre - Only installing power windows in the front.
Wiring Loom for the Door.
And the Window Reg/Motor

Is the wiring Loom in the centre console already there ? And Besides removing the door card, Is this easy enough to do ? Will drilling etc be required ?

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The loom might already be there, some models have and some don't, the only way to be sure is to have a look. If you have a look at where the power window relay goes and you can see the silver connectors in there, then you should have the connector for the main switch. If you do have the main loom in the console then your BCM should handle power windows, if not your might need to upgrade you BCM.
You will need to remove the door cards and the only drilling involved is to drill out the rivets that hold the regulators in place.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Cheers mate,

Had no idea that the BCM controlled the power windows, If thats the case i may have to wire them up manually in a way i guess if theres no looms :(

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Ok, I checked the Fuse Location for power windows, there are 2 prongs there ready, removed the centre console, the plug is not there, just 2 cables already plugged in. Any ideas ?

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
It is very very very easy to wire up power windows you only have to join two wires together if the BCM can't handle them. Don't touch third party stuff.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
i know this is a fairly old post but could anyone help me out on this..
I'm planing on doing a 2001 VX manual - power window conversion and have been lookin on ebay for parts.
i also had a look at places that could do it for me and one place i emailed got back to me and said this..

"Thank you for your enquiry.

We can only fit front door power windows in the VX , as the supplier does not sell the rear door harnesses.

To get power windows in the fronts it will cost you $650."

WTF?! i found a conversion pack on ebay for $300!! and thats all four windows...

anyone know of someone who may be able to do it for cheaps? cos i dunno if id have the patience for something like this!