Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Problem?

substanceVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series 2 "S" Pac Supercharged
Hey Guys, Im just having a small issue with my VX v6-supercharged. Sometimes when i turn off the car to say fill it at a servo or just turn it off for a small amount of time after its been running for a while.. It sometimes has trouble turning over properly like it will turn over once or twice then just stop like all the power is beeing taken from the batery. I have not tried anything yet but im thinking maybe new batery or new plugs/leads?? What do you think. Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I'd say battery or starter motor. I was having a similar problem which stopped when I changed starter motor.

substanceVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, it doesnt do it all the time only on some occasions. Like ill put the key in turn it over once it dies then i have to turn the key off then try again. Replacing the battery cant hurt i guess Im going to do the plugs leads and oil.
I brought the car about 2 months ago at 64,000kms. Im not going to pay for a service as im going to do it myself. But other then that im just wondering whats making it "loose" the power to turn over.

J

jc58nc

As batteries age they their "cranking volts" become lower and the engine becomes harder to start. I suggest if you take the car to an auto electrician he can do a load test on your battery and test the output of the altenator as well just to make sure the battery is being charged properly.

substanceVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
jc58nc said:
As batteries age they their "cranking volts" become lower and the engine becomes harder to start. I suggest if you take the car to an auto electrician he can do a load test on your battery and test the output of the altenator as well just to make sure the battery is being charged properly.

Ok thank you, I will do that Im hoping thats what it is and not something thats gonna cost me a fortune.

vt_nutta

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina
had the exatct same problem with my vx mate i just bought a new battery and it cranks over perfect

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
you have aftermarket header pipes fitted?
they are to close to the starter motor and it's over heated it
insulate the header pipe this should solve the problem

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yeah same thing was happening to me. I thought it was probably because I was on d00l f00l, LPG's a little harder to start..

I replaced the battery when mine died and since then it's been perfect..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
jc58nc said:

Spot on. The VX are old enough that the batteries are starting to go in cold weather. Time for a new car :yeah:

Reaper