Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx question

eliteaaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Supercharged
hey is it possible for the valley gasket to make the oil in my engine milky? as i trying 2 figure out if its a head gasket or valley gasket as i took it apart and the valley gasket did have a few splits and holes in it but my oil on dipstick looked like chocolate milk and under rocker covers there's a build up of sludge under them, i just dunno if its the head or valley.
thanks aaron

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
possible , what does your colant look like , if that looks like a chocolate thick shake , as well then yes your gaskets are knackered ,

eliteaaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Supercharged
the rad didnt have much coolant in it but when i started pulling hoses off it was still green but there is brown **** in the rad when u take the cap off i just dunno what it is i have herd people taking the heads off for no reason when its just a valley gasket

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Thing is mate, they can both cause coolant in the oil. If the valley gasket is in the state its in then it's a sure bet it's the problem. But........

Cashman_309

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais
If the Lower Intake Manifold (LIM) gaskets fail its usually pretty obvious where the gasket has eroded.

If the oil has gone milky but the engine runs and idles fine I'd go with LIM gaskets not head gaskets.

Head gasket failure will normally result in water/steam coming out of the exhaust, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think LIM gasket failure does this.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the Lower Intake Manifold (LIM) gaskets fail its usually pretty obvious where the gasket has eroded.

If the oil has gone milky but the engine runs and idles fine I'd go with LIM gaskets not head gaskets.

Head gasket failure will normally result in water/steam coming out of the exhaust, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think LIM gasket failure does this.

Leaking/blown inlet manifold gaskets can cause coolant to be expelled from the exhaust, have come across this a few times now with these engines.. The coolant leaks where the gasket sits around coolant port between the inlet manifold and cylinder head, and it leaks into or gets sucked into the inlet runners, then into the cylinder(s) and out the exhaust. If the gasket starts to leak badly, it can cause a hydraulic lock in the cylinder which can bend conrods etc.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
grab the right size spanner and see if the inlet manifold bolts are loose . They tend to come undone over time then it leaks .

eliteaaron

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Calais Supercharged
yeah they were loose mate i could of undone them with my hand