Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Radiator filler bottle leak.

ascottaudio

AscottAudio
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8
Hi..Our VX got really hot.. and when I checked it out..it looks like the radiator filler bottle has sprung a leak..its dark.. so very hard to see exactly...but when I try to fill it..the water just pisses out from under the car...can someone please tell me how to get to the filler bottle as it doesn't look accessible from the top..
I filled radiator from the main cap and it holds water ok.. so it seems like a hole in the filler caused all the water to drain out..
Also..if I just plug the hole that goes from the radiator to the filler..will it be ok to drive until I get the filler fixed?

Thanks.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I think you have to remove the plastic cover from under the mudguard to get to the overflow tank. I don't really know about the second question but I wouldn't block it, just keep topping up at the radiator and fix it as soon as possible.

vt s

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s s1
Wonder if the old egg will fix it??? Has anyone ever actually done this? Only ever seen it experminented on tv shows lol.

banga

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina series 1
those bottles will piss out if you over fill them , im wondering if your cap is bad and releases coolant back into the bottle therefore making it overflo , i reckon they are the crappiest design out these bottles ,