Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx random power off while driving

Sam K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
I have an 02 VX and I'm having a problem where the car turns off randomly while driving and its mainly while turning and the thing is it doesn't happen all the time and when it does it goes all out like turning off on every corner I turn I took it to the mechanic and the guy drove it for a week in hopes of it happening to him but nothing they did all these tests scans and nothing came up cant really drive a car that turns off randomly turns off especially on corners while turning anyone have anything they can help me out with it Thanks

Aussie Trev

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 by VX Acclaim Wagon Series II 2001 & 2002
Only thing I could think of with it happening on turns is something loose in the ignition switch. Does it happen turning left and right and at what point does it come back on?

Sam K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
Only thing I could think of with it happening on turns is something loose in the ignition switch. Does it happen turning left and right and at what point does it come back on?
It doesnt matter which way it happens on roundabouts sharp bends left and right turn it mainly turn back on after about 30 seconds but the weird thing is it doesnt do it all the time it will go like 1-2 week without doing it and then bam turns off its just really random

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Any other faults at all with the car like cruise or blinkers don't work, rough idle or noisy steering?
Suddenly cutting out can be caused by a bad DFI or CAS but they usually cut out any time not just while turning.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Loose battery terminals?

Any work done prior to the fault happening?

Sam K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
Loose battery terminals?

Any work done prior to the fault happening?
no had RACV come because i thought it was a battery problem they came changed the terminals and put them on and properly seated the battery

Sam K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
Any other faults at all with the car like cruise or blinkers don't work, rough idle or noisy steering?
Suddenly cutting out can be caused by a bad DFI or CAS but they usually cut out any time not just while turning.
Not really everything is ok except for the car turning off

Sam K

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S S2
I bought envyouscustoms engine diagnostics these are the faults i got
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached files from the Holden VS Service Manual may help you with the first two:

Attachments

• DTC P1361 V6 PCM - Ignition Bypass Circuit Fault.pdf
    330.7 KB · Views: 176
  • DTC P1372 V6 PCM - NO REFERENCE PULSES WHILE CRANKING.pdf
    330.7 KB · Views: 176