Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX S manual - slow to drop revs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6 manual
Hi there,

I have also got the same problem with my VX I see you also live in nelson
im going to try disconnect the idle control valve tonight {it drives you nuts aye!!!}
sounds like it has fixed the prob for you but worries me running it with no idle control
hopefully we can figure a way to run this correctly.
Cheers Phill

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx commodore v6 manual
vx

Hi everyone,my first time on this site.I to have the same problem with revs holding between gear changes on my vy storm ute which is a v6.I spoke to a auto electrical guy about the prob and he suggested unplugging the idle control motor plug to see what happens.So have now been running around for over a week with no real problems.The only difference is the idle speed is approx 2 or 3 hundred revs less when idling.I have also worked out by putting a switch on the power wire to the idle motor it can be turned back on at any time if need be if I plug it back in.The revs between gear changes is now normal.The plug on the idle motor has 4 wires the pale green wire on the outside is the one I put the switch in not the one on the other outside with the black stripe as this one will cause the engine to start revving.
Cheers

hi there Again unplugged the idle control valve yes worked great but!!!!
mine is now idling at 1400-1500rpm? did yours do this? i unplugged it
completely did you keep yours wired in some way to keep revs down
or did you unplug the loom as well?

Cheers

turkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5 speed wagon
gday any one no of this problem with vs 5 speed..?spluttre with quick rev and drops slowly when changing gears..any help would be appreciated..

wildwogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'83 VH SL/E, '97 VT S-Pack S1
hi there Again unplugged the idle control valve yes worked great but!!!!
mine is now idling at 1400-1500rpm? did yours do this? i unplugged it
completely did you keep yours wired in some way to keep revs down
or did you unplug the loom as well?

Cheers

Sorry to thread dig but I have the exact same issue and want to run my car without the Idle Control Valve. I am having the exact same issue as '666' where my cars revs will hold at 1500-2000rpm no matter how hot or cold the engine is/if aircon is on or off.

Do I need a new Idle Control Value?

Cheers

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
Sorry to thread dig but I have the exact same issue and want to run my car without the Idle Control Valve. I am having the exact same issue as '666' where my cars revs will hold at 1500-2000rpm no matter how hot or cold the engine is/if aircon is on or off.

Do I need a new Idle Control Value?

Cheers

My VS was the same, in the end I unplugged the IAC valve. Ran like a dog in the morning though.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I have the same prob on my VT 304ci.
I contacted the guy who did my engine mods and he said something like.......it's not going into the idle mode properly and this can be fixed with a re program of the ECU.

wildwogz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'83 VH SL/E, '97 VT S-Pack S1
My VS was the same, in the end I unplugged the IAC valve. Ran like a dog in the morning though.

did you just unplug it and leave the actual unit bolted in? I have unplugged the connector to the IAC and my car still sits at 1500 rpm?

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
did you just unplug it and leave the actual unit bolted in? I have unplugged the connector to the IAC and my car still sits at 1500 rpm?

Yeah, but I waited for the rpm to be at the right place then unplugged it.

Im telling you though, its a REAL dog to drive for a few minutes when its cold, kind sounds good though.

Gorilla62

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 Ford Ranger
Does it have a purge hose like the au=tomatics. my automatic was doing the same and the purge hose had come disconnected.

Adamesk

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx lumina
Yeah i converted my car to manual and had the same problem n i got told to dissconect the iac and the problem is gone! Except for the whole running like a dog part when shes cold! And ive still got the iac dissconected but id love to know how to fix it without having the iac dissconected! So if sum 1 figures it out be sure to let me know lol