Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX S or VY S???

shaded_vs

German Commo: VT Berlin
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina FOR SALE PM ME - VT Berlina
ok, ive got my hard earned cash, now my 18th comes up in a month and im not sure which i want believe it or not, a VX S SII or a a VY S. manuals, no autos. now, im looking at spending between $10,000 - $25,000 on the base car... so yeah basically i dont care too much about price (and no, its not borrowed money, its all mine).
So, which is a nicer car to drive, which do u guys think is the better car, which feels faster, lighter, better? And which interior is more livable.

try not to comment if you get your info from a magazine and have never driven them. cheers.:D

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey Mate

I made the same decision as you about 8 months ago when i was looking for my first car, i went for a VY S manual, in Hothouse green, i was gona get a VX though, i wonted a the VY cause it was newer, speed wise they would be pretty much the same, both have the 152kw ecotec etc, i reckon the VY has better interior etc than the VX IMO, thou yeah i payed mine $18 000, 8 months ago with 75 000 on the clock... thou its up to you, what u would do is take both cars for a spin and see which one you prefer to drive and been in etc, also it too kme about 3 month to find mine, manuals pretty rare to find, and one that hasnt been trashed...

Good luck anyway mate

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Also mate for about $25 000, have you thought about a VZ SV6 6 speed manual with the 190 alloytec ??

shaded_vs

German Commo: VT Berlin
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina FOR SALE PM ME - VT Berlina
Also mate for about $25 000, have you thought about a VZ SV6 6 speed manual with the 190 alloytec ??

yeah i have, but decided the money i make isnt enough to buy one of those keeping in mind that:
1. buy tha car
2. change stuff on it
3. have enough money to buy one or two cars each week, and budget for unexpected problems

to my amazement, the odd 50grand savings i have at the moment doesnt go very far **confused face**

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Deposit for a house, it will make you money later.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
yeah i have, but decided the money i make isnt enough to buy one of those keeping in mind that:
1. buy tha car
2. change stuff on it
3. have enough money to buy one or two cars each week, and budget for unexpected problems

to my amazement, the odd 50grand savings i have at the moment doesnt go very far **confused face**

Hey Mate

Oh yeah Fair enough, so have you taken them both for a test drive yet, the VY and the VX ??

""to my amazement, the odd 50grand savings i have at the moment doesnt go very far **confused face "" hahaha thats so true mate

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Ive got a S1 VX s it goes well, have you thought about looking for the S/C model in either cars I got my S/C VX for around 16 grand which works in with your money. I love the look of the VX as its rounder and looks tougher ( my opinion tho ) but take them for a drive and see what one you like the best

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
keeping in mind they are both auto's my vx seems to have more go than the vy but the vy is nicer to drive n looks better plus having a level3 instrument cluster, climate controll , 6stacker in dash cd player & overall nicer trim than the vx helps along to

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
I would go with having the VY especially being as they do have some minor upgrades when compared to the good old VX like the trans was did get a software upgrade to change some of the shift points depending on how you drove it. I used to have a VT and have driven VX's and own a S2 VY and i would choose the VY every time.