Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx s pack manual diff

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
gday, Sorry if this has been asked before but I have a vx s2 s pack with a 5 speed manual gearbox. I'm wanting to change the diff gears to better peformance. What ratio would suit me? I would wish to retain some fuel econemy while being able to get harder accelaration. Also my diff right now is not LSD. Where the best place in melbounre to get an LSD from? Estimated prices for diff gears and LSD would be helpfull.
thankyou

Murdoch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Wagoon
isn't the first gear in it low enough?
Used to have one myself and it took off pretty hard. All i had on mine was extractors , exhaust, cai and larger TB.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
hes talking about the ratio in the diff, if you dont do much higway driving then 3.9s is what you want, if u do a bit of highway go the 3.7s.

they will yeild u plenty more poke off the line, slightly less top end. but u cant have everything. best bet is to find a complete lsd diff with 3.9s already, and just change the whole assembly over.

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
3.9s is hell torquey but 3.7s would be alot better on fuel econonmy on the highway, its only a six so 3.9s probally be alrite on fuel just stick to putting around town

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
thanks, I do some highway driving but nothing major. Would fuel econemy be alot different with the 3.9's? what comes stock in the vx manuals?
thanks