Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx S-pack Rear Window Aerial Help!!

Jet_Mr_Zed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Commodore S-Pack Series 2
I have a 2002 Holden Vx S-pack, and it had the old nokia mobile phone kit with it! Ive pulled everything out of the dash like the phone cables and a random modem looking thing, and also a loudspeaker thing in there! On the back window there is an extra aerial though, and i have my suspicions that is was for the mobile kit?

I would like to take it off but im curious that if i pull it off there will be a hole in the window for the cable to run through. Now considering its glass.. i would expect that there wouldnt be a hole but i just want to double check before i do anything!
There is a black box on the inside of the window sitting directly underneath where the aerial sits, and there is a cable coming out of it which looks like it runs past the headlining or something!

If someone could tell me if its safe to pull it off, like there isnt going to be a hole underneath it or anything i should do. please help :)
Thanks

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
There will be no hole in the window, it works by magnet I believe.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
They are actually glued on . They just pull off. Just be careful with the removal of the box inside the rear window if it is tinted.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
They are actually glued on . They just pull off. Just be careful with the removal of the box inside the rear window if it is tinted.
Yes they are glued on but I meant the signal is transferred through the glass by magnet, I think, hence no hole in the glass.

Jet_Mr_Zed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Commodore S-Pack Series 2
Ahh ok, i see. Thanks guys for the help! And yeh my windows are tinted but from what i can see, the actual tint doesnt reach the very top of the window (Near the headlining), so it should come off and all be good :) Hopefully the glue isnt too strong.. lol