Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX S pak shock absorbers: Suggestions?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
That's nice dear, Gabriel where the first ones to event the shock absorber in 1907 so its not like their the new kid on the block, I've used Pedder's, Monroe, Ultima they all do there job till they wear out like any other shock.
Shocks job is to keep your wheel in contact with the ground at all times for safer braking and to smooth out bumps and vibration not to take weight. They are fine for the everyday normal driving. If you want a track car then you will need more than a shock to stop the roll.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
That's nice dear, Gabriel where the first ones to event the shock absorber in 1907

That's nice dear, it's obvs super relevant to this thread 110 years later. I'm sure no other company has made anything better since.

Try some KYBs, fairly inexpensive and last time I saw a set for a Commodore they were made in Japan. I rate them better than Monroe GT shocks that I've had before and seem to ride a bit firmer. If you really wanna spend up though you could try find something with adjustable damping like Koni Sports or something, super expensive though, could buy coilovers for that cost.

Last edited:

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
Thanks again VT13 and Trevor LH.
I will check them out. Just deciding if I keep the old girl (no, I meant the Commodore!) or get something else.
Trouble is, its great car. Good condition, special build and probably not worth selling.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thanks again VT13 and Trevor LH.
I will check them out. Just deciding if I keep the old girl (no, I meant the Commodore!) or get something else.
Trouble is, its great car. Good condition, special build and probably not worth selling.
Its up to you and how much you want to spend, cars are money pits, I don't like these new cars today due to the price of fixing them, the older cars are much easier and less expensive to fix, one day I will have to upgrade or just stop driving, lucky we don't have a policy about old cars on the road like China do with pollution.. My pension wont budget for new cars..

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Second hand cars will be cheap in Australia for a long while yet. And if you use quality parts in them, like KYB or Sachs they don't need fixing too often darling! ;)

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Second hand cars will be cheap in Australia for a long while yet. And if you use quality parts in them, like KYB or Sachs they don't need fixing too often darling! ;)
True dear, do things ware out or ware in? Like depends on your budget so I go with what I can afford at the time if I get 4 years then good, I only buy brand names that being giving good reviews, Gabriel I have are working well so its good enough for my liking.