Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX s2 LED conversion what globes to buy? (not the cluster tho)

commivx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx SPAC S2 yellow
hello everyone, i wanted to know what sort of globes off ebay would be the best to buy, im not after ASR really top quality look im just after globes that are nice an bright BLUE an that work the best, its really confusing me with all the different shapes an sizes LED/SMD blah blah blah lol, the globes i need is for everything but the cluster so thats mode switch, pwr switch, traction cntrl swtich, head light switch, ignition light, t-bar selector, and standard HVAC controls also power window switchs LEDS ( i think they are just a 5mm LED) am i right?
the ones i really want globes for the most is HVAC controls as they are all but one is blown.
ps: reason for not the cluster is im going to save up some dollars and get ASR to do it, and ebay kits for cluster just look rubbish IMO.

thanks.

bj51

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT calais v6 series I
yeah mate ebay is a bit confusing but you should only get smd leds as they are a much cleaner blue and brighter than the standard led .
I just went thru the same whilst replacing rear lights and the interior lights blue smd are plenty bright :smoking:

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon

2O4TS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 9C1
There's a huge thread on LED conversions on here. Just search for it. Ignition is definitely T5. From memory the auto shifter is T10 but most of the others you'll need to solder in LED's. Headlight switch, power and traction buttons, (unless someone can tell me where to get them that just twist straight in to the holder which would be great 'cos it would save a lot of work), you'll have to solder in LED's and I have my doubts about soldering in SMD LED's but again, stand to be corrected. Scratch that last bit, just saw some SMD LED's sold in pairs on Ebay for $1.13. They're 3V so you'd need to solder on resistors but I have zero experience soldering SMD's.

Last edited:

commivx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx SPAC S2 yellow
thanks guys, ill give the soldering a good try.