Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX sedan roof lining material size

RazzleDazzle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VX Commodore
The roof lining has started to sag so I'm going to Spotlights to buy a nice dark red piece of suitable material to do the recover.

Can anyone tell me the actual size of the material required, width and length once removed from the car.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
I don't think anyone is going to give you a size of the piece of fabric you need.

I normally hop inside with a tape measure and measure the roof lining and then add a minimum of 100mm of material all around the outer edge as a good guide to the size required.

RazzleDazzle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VX Commodore
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I ended up measuring the roof and adding 50cms to each side.
Have ordered a nice piece of Italian red stretchy material with a soft backing thanks to Spotlights.
Now to get the job done before summer comes, who else hates the 40+ summer days.

z900collector

Reaction score
Members Ride
99VT 99VSUTE
What glue are you using? I need to do mine... a professional wants $220 to do a sedan.

RazzleDazzle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VX Commodore
Thanks Ozzie, must appreciated, yesterday we returned from a week away and 200 ks from home the rear section fell down.

RazzleDazzle

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VX Commodore
What glue are you using? I need to do mine... a professional wants $220 to do a sedan.

We purchased the 3M glue, it's a job I only want to do the once so nothing but the best hey.
Actually $220 for the sedan sounds really well priced considering the amount of work needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback

Vt v6

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt v6
Had my roof lining made up with a big holden badge in the middle and it's dark grey, suits the cream pillers.