Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx series 1 lowering help?

lukey92

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx executive s2, vr executive bt1
hi guys jusy wanting to get a bit of info. i have a series 1 vx s pac and i brought a set of ve ssv wheels to put on it( they are machined to fit) and i also wanna put sl springs in it. i know i have to buy a 4 point camber kit to avoid buying new tyres every 3 months lol. but will i need to roll my guards? and also i dont need to change anything up front suspension wise do i?
any info would be great guys cheers

SM1D3Y

aka Drew
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67
In the same boat lukey, iv read tyre size is another factor. I'm looking at 235/35's, max width is 245 to keep correct rolling diameter but could run into problems scrubbing in the front. All theoretical mate, someone might be able to shed some light on it.

Have you solved the wheel nut issue ? Found a pre- VE nut with a large enough locating tapper to match the rim ?

lukey92

Reaction score
Members Ride
thats good to hear will save a bit of dough. not strapped on cash but if i can save it i save it. but also wanna make sure its done properly. abd yeah there 19x8. smidey i brought these wheels and they had like a chamfured collar in them so i can use my original nuts.

lukey92

Reaction score
Members Ride
and yeah ibrought new 235/35s for it casue thats what my old series 2 vx was running and it didnt scrub on the front strut. but 245 do ive heard 240s will just get by but to be safe i just stuck with what ive had so i know 100%.

SM1D3Y

aka Drew
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais L67
Yeah i think ill go 235 all round aswell to be sure, so the original 16' factory nuts can be used on SSV's ?

lukey92

Reaction score
Members Ride
They can if you have those collar/ shims/ sleeve thing that mine have in them. But I'm not sure where there from cause they were already on the wheels when I brought them. But otherwise they can but it's very unsafe.