Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Series 1 or 2

girlracer

HSVLADY
Reaction score
Website
www.numberplatesforyou.co.nz
Members Ride
HSV R8 vx11
Can someone tell me how I tell if it's a VX series 1 or 2? Does it go by the month in 2001 or 2002 when it came out. I really wouldn't have a clue.
Also thanks to everyone who's trying to help me with the throttle sensor setting. I didnt realise by changing it, it would cause the problem I've got with the auto gear change as the guy I got the exchange from didnt explain any of this. It was meant to be real easy Well these are the things that happen unexpectedly when you tamper with your car and modify it. I must admit it can be a little scary when dealing with a $30,000 car. Im going through my teenage days again with this car and it's alot of fun.
So I've put bigger wheels on it 18inch Peter Brock wheels which look classy (no bling blings for me) lowered it on King Springs by 40mm, Bigbore which is sounding real nice and now a bored out throttlebody.
The car is a V6 S but I've put the spotlights in the front bumper now and the SS stickers on the side and it really looks the part.
Im real curious after reading :p on this site that there's a series 1 and 2 because I dont no what mine is. I havent checked my tyre wear yet to see if they're wearing unevenly. The only thing I hate about mine is the wheels spin alot and that's got to wear the tyres real bad. I cant see any point in having the power if the wheels are going to spin and you dont go anywhere. :D

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
:ranting: you paid $30,000 for your seried 1 VX..... :rofl: i only got one for $10,500 ....... :bang: and it came with 18 inch black chrome racing wheels.... :drink:

girlracer

HSVLADY
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
HSV R8 vx11
Whats the mileage on your Hairy Eater????? tell the truth. Mines just hit 30,000k has 2 tone black and red leather with matching trim throughout. Its a VX S. Sorry I dont no what a 1VX is. You pay more for the VX S as compared to a fairly standard VX. The car is like new to the day. It's not about what it cost it's the one I wanted. Very low KS, RED, 2 tone Leather etc. Alot of these cars in N.Z are lease cars, Rental Cars or Company cars with very high ks. These cars are much cheaper than privately owned low ks. I miss quoted it cost me $28,000 from a dealer and I love it.

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Series II started in September 2001. They have a cylinder type indicator stalk / wiper stalk compared to the squarish series 1 stalks. Cruise control is activated by a twist of the stalk rather than buttons like series 1.
Also has improved rear suspension.

I doesnt matter how much you paid for it as long as it's the car that you want and your happy with it. 30000k's is pretty damn low.
Got some pics for us yet?

Chris.

girlracer

HSVLADY
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
HSV R8 vx11
Hey Chris thanks for that. You're right about that Im happy with it, but have to remember to stop trying to make it go faster as it can create problems. You car is so beautiful. I love that colour. Have you changed the front bumper? It looks very HSV for a 2000 vx. I think at the end of the day you can just buy a basic model and put the HSV kits and WOW who no's the difference. You'd be looking better off financially thats for sure. I haven't got a great pic yet but will do one when the sun comes out here in N.Z LOL!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Hairy Eater said:
:ranting: you paid $30,000 for your seried 1 VX..... :rofl: i only got one for $10,500 ....... :bang: and it came with 18 inch black chrome racing wheels.... :drink:

*sigh* you ever stop to think people are happy to pay for what they want? We could all laugh and mock you for your povo probably high k EXEC, but we dont, so perhaps, think before you type next time? :)

girlracer, sound slike a nice car :)

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
girlracer said:
Hey Chris thanks for that. You're right about that Im happy with it, but have to remember to stop trying to make it go faster as it can create problems. You car is so beautiful. I love that colour. Have you changed the front bumper? It looks very HSV for a 2000 vx. I think at the end of the day you can just buy a basic model and put the HSV kits and WOW who no's the difference. You'd be looking better off financially thats for sure. I haven't got a great pic yet but will do one when the sun comes out here in N.Z LOL!
Mine has a Clubsport Kit on it.
Did you work out what series you have?
Looking foward to some pics.