Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Series 2 SS - potential project

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I went from 3.08 to 3.45 in my old vr clubby and the difference was definitely noticeable although that’s the old 5 litre and 5 speed manual so probably not that comparable

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Good info. Mine is the stock 3.07 Auto and I do mostly highway driving, unless it's a few streets away to the shops. So the gearing is probably ideal. But, always a but, around town it's so far below the power band. Sure, it doesn't need to be as has the torque to just roll along, but I reckon when my car was stock it was more responsive putting around the streets. And naturally, didn't want to blow the economy when cruising 1hr to work just to improve a 3min run to the shops! Or do I... lol. Like many warmed-over LS1, it's still very docile. You can tell it's had work by the sound, but it doesn't really wake up until the boot goes in, then quickly back off as the speed limit came and went! With medium acceleration away from an intersection, if I plant the foot just slightly it gets the brief vibration and kick that I assume is axle tramp. I'm not sure if the computer backing off to prevent wheelspin results in any vibration or more of a dead spot in power briefly