Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX series11 S pack V6 loss off power or miss?

pete123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
Hi all,having an issue with the VX that I am having trouble isolating. It is a V6 S pack,auto,with power/economy and traction control,the dash light for power/economy has gone out so I dont know what range I am in,cant tell by operating the switch but every thing else appears to be ok. The problem is- when travelling at highway speeds it drives smoothly but then if you want to speed up and you press the accelerator pedal down gently it appears to miss or lose power/drive for a fraction of a moment,it feels exactly like when you change lanes and you hit one of those square reflectors,the bump that you feel in the car,it might do it once or twice in a row before picking up, the issue does not appear to happen if you use the kick down and if you accelerate VERY slowly from the accelerator pedal it generally does not happen. It doesnt really seem to be a loss of drive because the tacho does not flair when it happens although it may just be to quick for the tacho to respond and so it only appears to happen under some sort of "load",it never happens when cruising,no matter what speed you are doing.
I have replaced the crank angle sensor and replaced the coil packs and base plate (not genuine holden),before I replaced them I think it was worse than now but has not solved the problem. I have not done anything with plugs,leads etc,the car has 255,000ks and has been serviced at 10,000ks nearly all its life. Any help would be appreciated,was even wondering if maybe there was a computer issue,anyway,back to you! Thanks

pete123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore S
As an update,doesnt appear to make any difference what range Im in or if traction control is on or off or is cruise is on or off. On one occasion only,so far thankfully,ALL the dash lights came on while I was driving,like when you first turn to accessory just before starting but hasnt done it again yet and was doing about 80-100k on the freeway and it was so quick that I couldnt tell if lost drive or not.It feels to harsh to be a plug or lead issue.