Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vx speaker size ?

kazalex

karen
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series 2,s pack
hi i have a vx series 2 executive,i have the stock speakers .does anyone know the size of these so i can go into the shop and buy better ones but the same size.thanks

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
hah I had to cut my moulds to bits 2 fit my 6.5" speakers haha i cut pieces out where the support arms go (between the magnet and the speaker cone)

Is there anywhere where you can buy new ones that are 6.5"?

Maci

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 Holden Statesman
and if you decide to mess around with the rear parcel shelf, 6x9 speakers fit perfectly, just have to buy speaker grilles for the shelf (ebay or somewhere like auto one possibly) and cut it out if you dont already have them lol. :thumbsup:

edit: if you dont already have them, this will take a LOT of stuffing around

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Hey Sam, did you have to cut yours?? I put 6.5inch Alpines in there and just used the spacer they supplied, no cutting required...

And with what Maci said, with the 6x9's, its not that much stuffing around, theres 4 tack welds that hold the plates in, you can literally hit them out with a hammer, might need a cold chisel on the last tack, just file the tack welds smooth once its out, thats how mine came out, no damage to the parcel shelf either...

white vyII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII S Ute
they supply u with spacers?? what are they made out of? i dont think i got any spacers lol well still have to get the left one in yet Ive got one E type speaker in the right and an S type speaker in the left haha

hmm spacers well i did go out and buy some there bout 20mm thick MDF jobbies but there like 2 big! like for the plastic thing i cut 2 pieces ha i dunno

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Ahh nah, too thick, the Alpines I got came with some black plastic mounting brackets/spacers, around 5mm thick, with screw holes to suit the speaker and other ones to screw into the door trim..

Oh well as long as you got em in there hey! just go to town on that white plastic thing in the door already - stanely knife, dremel, etc!! lol,