Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Sports Exhaust???

vx_commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 'S
hey guys, long time reader first time post...
I have a VX V6 stock and was wanting to get a sports exhaust system for it but i just want to know is there any way i could loose power from doing so? My old vp i had lost power as a result from extraxtors and 2 1/2" exhaust(i think maby coz of lack of backpressure)...so just really making sure before i go ahead and buy a new system that i wont loose power on the vx, i wont be getting extarctors at this stage just a cat back for now..i have got brand new stock heads put on 5000K's ago as the others got warped from overheating.
thanx in advance...

Thessman

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Ss s2
most commong mods for power increase is better air induction and sports exhaust. get a K&N panel filter (forget pods, more hassle than their worth) and a 2.5 inch sports exhaust should give a power increase of 10 - 20 kw. i had a VS BT-1 and the only mods i did was a sports exhaust and straight away i noticed the difference. keeping your motor in good condition and running the correct oil also heps with power increase and maintaing the power.