Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx ss commodore - i hope

bundynicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7 V8
Hi. I have just bought a vx commodore. I was lead to believe it is a ss but a mate has told me it is not a ss because it doesn't have ss on the compliance plate. It is a v8- ls1 and has ss seats etc.i have done a vin check and all numbers match. The compliance plate has ls1 on it and i thought only ss came out with ls1 v8. On the revs check and on the certificate it says model - p/car. Does anyone know what model - p/car means and does the compliance plate have to have ss on it.if anyone could help me i would really appreciate it.
Thanks bundynicky

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Passenger Car I would assume.

Do the door cards, seats and dash match?

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Pretty sure any VX could be optioned with the LS1

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Pretty sure any VX could be optioned with the LS1

there'd be a few other bits, dash, door cards matching the SS seats - probably a manual tranny, silver dash surround, FE2 suspension, fogs.

not a huge amount of difference.

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
A VX Commodore executive could be optioned up with, Passenger's Airbag, Side Impact Airbags (SIAB), 4 speed automatic transmission, air conditioning, cruise control, V8, Supercharged V6, 17 inch alloy wheels, traction control, cigarette lighter and ashtrays, LSD. My VX Berlina wagon has the V8 and it has LS1 on the compliance plate. The SS has as standard, V8, FE2 sports suspension, air conditioning, cruise control, 17 inch alloy wheels, Passenger's Airbag, power windows, traction control, leather steering wheel.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I have had my VX SS from new and there is no mention of SS on the compliance plate, I have a pic of the compliance plate if you need to check yours against mine, I took a pic of it for another user on here that had similar doubts. The differences between the SS and say an executive as far as I can remember, I may have forgotten a couple are:

Interior: Leather steering wheel, different seats with SS embroided on the back, colour coded instrument panel, coloured dash/console surround (silver or bronze), twin airbags, cruise control, rear seat has a fold down armrest in the centre section that opens into the boot, foglight switch on the dash, traction control switch on the console (ex police cars seem to be missing the traction control), electric windows, air cond.

Exterior: Body kit, foglights, black background in headlights, 17" Alloys including a full size alloy spare, exterior mirrors in body colour, no stop light in rear window because of stop light in SS spoiler, chrome exhaust tip if the standard exhaust is still present, SS badges on bottom of rear doors.

Mechanical: LS1 engine, LSD, FE2 suspension, traction control.

Last edited: