Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Commodore - My diary.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
That VX already sounds like 300 singing angels. Now the angels are about to get Redbull sponsorship and get rockets (they already have wings)

Rabbit383

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore

Attachments

• nongshim_noodles_pack_5_yin_yam_1800x1800.jpg
    nongshim_noodles_pack_5_yin_yam_1800x1800.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 73

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Finally an update of sorts. Its been almost 8 weeks since the stroker kit has been ordered. Its taken quite the effort to receive this kit. Not sure on what the issue was with the supplier but have it now and can expect to have my car finally done in a few weeks time.
Driving a little corolla around for the past 8 weeks has been somewhat uninspiring lol though I appreciate my mate lending it to me.

Box of goodies. Pistons, rods, crank, bearings etc

IpBBzgTw5ecIAZAixhWKkRlQhBZcGOoDSbReKDAz6hH1iajzIn_-_RG2bZ5ZIIuYGFJEplQqwkSpekJLqMvD3xyiHt73l200FQxgDbF10OShWLNE3MzXDBXEayPLcp8cJax78m2RoQ=w2400

Pistons

Be8BjrlQIs8tjKrmaK7lSU8QJuUky4pOBjCEdTelZflyyGU2oMfuCidgeHtsdiUyfyUIKrSbCgpNfP_m9M0-w_H77MfWKIkMNF_RZLbDoUB4sGUMReVKBaSWHWHpvZFMUttU-qrMng=w2400
VxaudlGNl01PIFW1CuhDEwi2oc_2eohNjU622Lp5i4JD-DP4p9_ErjC2zsfm2s2ijJpS2XXfjK6aeH-YBe49WEyNCKiJNMSlIJsJMkCOFJN1KNcWWISiz_uDcrSYhtp3J4nk91T-8g=w2400

Scat Crank

58wz8Q_ugCiBjmCgMJPn2XiXNY4Dp1byj3yG0liDp6dS8-sgeEMJP1XelXrJ3ZAAZBal0TshGAm6Ye-eVjGMf54hrUMtuVKjtHqvf_T1Msqo0Btm11sCalOBx6sfaTRrJvy0ORflwA=w2400

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
Went to the shop on Friday to book in my friends (borrowed) Corolla that has sprung an unexpected issue. They told me that they had started the engine build...had a look...they had the bottom end done. Crank, pistons.. everything was done. Beautiful clean block full of nice shiney things lol. More pics when I get my camera back

So I went down this afternoon to drop the corolla off for tomorrows appointment and was slightly shocked when he asked me if I wanted to see my car. I was sort of thinking, what for before he told me the engine is built and in.

m-RhmS-DQ2EPdPYjeEIjoI12b7jNMRTQWyLWM-7Ler8BrvF10MoUGZs8jTyXKdt62KeeIjIPoPspcbLjBKH7zOzLFrTVyn3uNdOHy7a4c3sb_GGoYjRAjSOI0DpSbEMxXsK6t7BZxA=w2400

Everything seems to be there, pulleys on etc. Waiting on a new belt.
The Charger will go on hopefully Wednesday with a possible Wednesday start.
A few smaller issues mainly due to space issues. Catch can is a bit of a problem taking up precious space, Air filter placement etc
After the 12 week wait its finally beginning to feel real again...
And now I'm beginning to wonder if I've over done it !!! Its annoying being impulsive but too late now lol

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking sweet you must be super excited. Might not work for you but I found catch cans fit great right here. I'm running breather without pcv though

Cheers mate. I've been watching your thread and mentioned your catch can solution to him as I like the idea of it not being immediately in sight. Great spot to put it imo. I'm not sure what he's going to do though as I left it up to him as a final decision. At the end of the day it will likely get removed as I want to try and get it engineered and a few people have told me that the one thing that definitely wont pass the pits is a catch can.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Cheers mate. I've been watching your thread and mentioned your catch can solution to him as I like the idea of it not being immediately in sight. Great spot to put it imo. I'm not sure what he's going to do though as I left it up to him as a final decision. At the end of the day it will likely get removed as I want to try and get it engineered and a few people have told me that the one thing that definitely wont pass the pits is a catch can.

Yeah, for sure that has no hope of passing an engineering cert. Question, are you running an Aeroflow sump or stock? I just noticed your dipstick

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
No, its a stock sump. The dipstick was a replacement I bought off ebay along with new water bottle, power steering reservoir etc to tidy up the engine bay a little. My old dipstick lost its seal and started blowing oil out of it before I decided on a rebuild.

Had the first start up late today. Apparently sounds nice off the bat.. A little quieter than a few of the boys were expecting which suits me. I've been making an effort to keep things low key. A safe tune is going to be put on until the first 1000km. Then oil change and retune.

Its off tomorrow to a fabricator for a custom intake rather than the stock box. Not sure if its a pod filter or otr. Again its in the mechanics hands..
Next week looks like the hand back...hopefully.