Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Commodore - My diary.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Did they put vcm baffle kit in vx sump or did it already have baffling?

I like those killaboost catchcan kits...probably could make it sealed system for rego/engineering then back to open setup.
Can even add overflow bottle to catchan bolteddrivers side head...hide ecu under dash & ditch overflow tank to clean up engine bay more.

One thing reckon that will annoy is amount of heat that will come off those extractors when pop bonnet.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Not too sure what they did with the sump. I cant recall any convo about the sump so its stock, I'm assuming.
Heat has been an issue that has been on my mind for quite some time. Personally, I cant stand monaro bonnets unless its on a monaro. I was going to go down and wrap the exhaust myself but after much reading decided that from alot of peoples feedback is that its not worth it especially from the point that it makes your headers rust. That might come back and bite me on the bum. Exhaust is all on now so alot more difficult to wrap.
It was hot before the SC was installed so yeah, I'll be keeping an eye on it.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Stainless extractors are fine to wrap as is apparently...mild steel like pacies we have if super keen you'd have to same way as high powered v8 turbo cars which is coated then titanium wrapped.

I've wrapped extractors before they last a lot longer than most people think & work really well...that being said really hate extra engine bay hi-po commodores get with extractors so want to get next decent exhaust coated & wrapped to see the difference.

Only downside is very time consuming pulling it apart..then wait 1-2 weeks for coating,wrap it then put all back together...I'd quickly lose motivation with my work roster as it'd turn into month or more.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The only thing you can do with a stock sump is a baffle and pickup upgrade which is probably $1k you don't need to spend unless you're tracking it

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Fark that pre-covid could find vy sump which came with factory baffling...just had to jump on them as soon as they popped up in 200-500 range or buy whole motor.Fark covid!!!

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
@afstruct lmao yeah I see your point :p

Ok...so was passing by the workshop today...stopped in and they were pressure washing the engine bay.
They put in a 'very safe tune' and got around 550 at the wheels. Didn't ask about torque as it was a short stop there.
Looking forward to the finished intake and final safe tune

This is my first time hearing it...sounds awesome...its pretty quiet (as I wanted) but you know there is some bad arse in there. On the dyno they said it really turns into something else, sound wise when opened up. Looking forward to that one.
I'll get some better sound bites of it later when its back in my possession but this is a start anyway...
Also my friend, she doesn't really know how to rev a car but she's awesome anyway lol

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Very keen to see and hear this when complete.
I'm seriously hoping next year = exhaust , cam etc airbox and a bit more boost and diff to go with mine.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Workmates 7ltr blown vf clubbie tad quieter than yours...even with bi-modals open the blower whine is majority of sound then tyres letting go.