Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX "SS" Commodore Wagon

O

ovl01

2001 VX Commodore Wagon, bought stock as a rock. Since then I have added the SS front bar, SS headlights and SS fog lights, clear tail lights, had the side skirts and rear bumper colour coded, and bought the 18in BSA wheels. On the inside she is factory, with only stereo upgrades including:

VDO Dayton CD2701 Premium headunit
Focal polyglass 165V2 front splits
Pioneer rear splits(not connected)
AWA 7in indash LCD screen
Soundstorm DVD player
2x15in Soundstream SPL15 subwoofers
Response Precision series 2x150WRMS (500WRMS bridged) running Focal splits
Response Precision series Monoblock amp running the 2 subwoofers.
Jaycar/Fusion wiring

I have only had the car back on the road for about 3 days after undergoing an engine transplant. The old engine first bent a pushrod on the way to Willowbank for the Winternats, so I limped it home with a bent pushrod. Then after getting that fixed, the lifter from the same pushrod failed, well actually broke in 3 pieces. So after getting THAT fixed, my cam decides it has seen enough wear and my choices are to have the cam replaced for around $1000 or buy a new motor. So I went with the latter option. I picked up a nice Series II VY 3.8L with 15500km on the clock from the local wreckers. Now its all in and running beautifully.

Also she wears the Holden by Design badge, having factory LPG setup. I love it....

Attachments

• My Car Pics 003.jpg
    My Car Pics 003.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 4,977
  • My Car Pics 005.jpg
    My Car Pics 005.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 8,830
  • My Car Pics 002.jpg
    My Car Pics 002.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 8,941
  • My Car Pics 006.jpg
    My Car Pics 006.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 3,684
Last edited by a moderator:

Lish

Shake That
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Commodore
click on edit in your thread then click on "go advanced" then click on manage attachments about hlaf way down...then browse - find your photo open then click upload photos... :thumbsup: looking forward to seeing it :D

FROGi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Exec
I wasn't aware they made a VX SS Wagon?

Nice ride anyhow.

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
they didn't....it's a stock VX with SS trimmings lol...the black door strip gives it away ...

Nice Ride all the same :D

O

ovl01

Yeah frogi, I did say that it was a VX Commodore wagon. The "SS" is in italics, and I also said that it had a VY 3.8L in it. I never wanted people to think that it is something it isn't. I have heard from someone that some Holden dealership made their own SS Wagon to try and flog off more cars, but I don't know how true it is. Anyway I've never seen another one the same as mine, seen wagon's with clubsport kits but I happen to like the SS kit all the same.

The new amp just went in, in the last 2 weeks and I'm going to find the next soundoff comp that is on. Have previously made 130.6db with a different amp and single Pioneer 12"

Hoping to make 140db+ and I should **** that in. I'll keep ya's posted, but I don't know if the soundoff is for a while.