Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS creak and clunk

SS-LS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS commodore 5.7 m6
Hey all,

I'm new here and need a bit of help. Ive done searches through the site, the web and ls1 forums. no help as yet...lol

My VX has a bit of a clunk/creak in the front end, you can hear it and feel the vibration through the Accelerator pedal and firewall/ floor pan.
Its only at low speeds when taking off and/or cornering

I have replaced the sway bar link pin bushes on both sides, replaced the upper bearing plate and bearings on both sides(above strut) and checked and tightened all the front end bolts i could see. all the bushes "seem" to ok.
i also had pedders take a look at it and they wernt to sure either.

i was told maybe really bad pinging, but my plugs seem to be ok and its running fine
also took a bit of a look at the engine mounts and checked my exhaust for clearance...

I'm out of ideas PLEASE help!

Thank you in advance

I just noticed also if you start the car when its cold with the throttle half depressed it also makes the noise

... guess no one has any ideas?

Last edited:

Oranger

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS Commodore 5.7
Well making the noise stationary with foot on the throttle isnt going to be suspension. Are you sure your engine mounts are ok? Is your exhaust cracked by any chance up around the firewall area?

Adam.